Friday, February 3, 2012

The Snowy Day

We have a lot of snow here in Parker...over a foot! It's been snowing non stop now for almost 24 hours! This much snow meant we weren't going anywhere today. And it meant that Daddy got to stay home from work! Yay! So we've enjoyed a slow and snuggly day at home together!

Here is the view from out our front door. I did not venture out to get a better view! Our awesome neighbor loves his snowblower and spends hours outside on snowy days snowblowing his driveway, and another neighbors', and OURS! He is amazing! Mark has also shoveled a few times today to keep up with the accumulation.

This picture, and the nex,t I took through the screen out the back door. Once again, I was not about to step foot in the cold and snow! Ha!

The snow has been blowing all day, making visibility poor. We are hoping that it will clear up tomorrow and we'll be able to take the boys sledding!

I posted a few pictures below of what the little boys and I have been up to while our big boy has been working from home and shoveling outside...

I have stuck to my usual routine of feeding Brooks and pumping, feeding Brooks and pumping, feeding Brooks and pumping. And in between all that fun, feeding and playing with the older boys! What an exciting life I live! But I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Brooksers doing some tummy time. Doesn't he all of a sudden look so much bigger and older now that he's lifting his head pretty well? I've had a few moments this week where I got all emotional thinking, "This is the last time I'll have a baby this small!" and "He's growing up so fast!" Ha!

And all the boys had warm baths. They stayed in forever since we had nowhere to go and nothing to do! They were shriveled little prunes when they got out!

Silly boys! They have played with just about every single toy we own today!

And now we are in our sweats, cuddling in front of the fire, watching a new movie: Dumbo! And Mark is braving the roads to go get us take out from Dad & Dude's Breweria for dinner! Looking forward to bedtime and catching up on American Idol tonight!

I LOVE days of doing nothing! Thankful for the snow that has helped us slow down and just BE together!

1 comment:

pamnrandy said...

I could use a snow day....sounds fun!