Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Davis

If you are my age, then it's more than likely that you had about 4 Katies in your circle of friends growing up! I sure did! Herlihy, Smith, Jakubowski, and DAVIS were mine. Kati Davis and I met in highschool at our youth ministry, Student Impact, at Willow Creek Community Church. We instantly hit it off and hung out with all of the same people even though we went to different schools. When it was time to do our college searches, we ended up both choosing to go to Calvin. So we also decided to be roomies our freshman year rather than go pot luck!

And boy did we have fun!! We had a blast meeting new friends, breaking up with old boyfriends and making new ones, staying up late, and gaining the freshman 15 together! Ha! Later on in our college years we also lived in a house together off campus. Living together during this stage of life helped us create a life long friendship that marriage, moving, jobs, and kids can not change.

We usually see each other when I travel back to Illinois. But every once in awhile, during the 8 plus years I've lived in Colorado, Kati has come out here to visit, attend a conference, and/or go skiing! So we've had her stay with us in our first tiny apartment, and met up with her downtown, in Vail, and in Breckenridge. It's been so fun to be able to see her quick every now and then when she comes into town.

Last weekend, she and her hubby, Bill (Yes, she's married now, and her official last name is HART, but she will forever be "Davis" in my HEART!) were staying up in Breckenridge in an awesome house they rented for a ski weekend with some friends.

So on Sunday, we loaded up the boys and drove up to have lunch and spend a couple of hours chatting and catching up with them.
Their porch looked out right over the slopes.

Heath was being bashful when I was trying to take his photo with Kati.

I like this one! They both look so cute!

Nolan cozied up for a pic as well.

Kati and I with my three boys! How our lives have changed! Kati has two girls...dogs that is! Sierra and Ryka are Silver Labs. We're hoping the boys can meet them when we go home in May.

It was so nice to be able to spend some time with my Davis and for her to be able to meet and snuggle Mr. Brooks! We can't wait to see her again in May! Love you girl!

No comments: