Saturday, February 18, 2012

little man

Last weekend I had the pleasure of helping host a shower for my dear friend Lindsay Cottier. She is expecting her baby boy any day now.
The shower was a "little man" theme. I found this invitation design from dimple PRINTS again. And I had her change the colors to lime green, navy blue, white, and grey. She sent me the final image and we had them printed at Costco...super cheap prints!

Then I did all the design work for signs, favor tags, cupcake toppers etc. It was such a fun theme with great colors to design for!

We hosted the shower at Mandy's house again. She has a great house for a party! The boys and I went over to her house the day before to get crafty and prepare for the shower. It took us pretty much all day to get things done in between feedings, diaper changes, lunch, snacks, toys, movies, dogs, and more! With the four boys around, we sure were busy! Mandy designed this banner to hang above the gifts. Pretty cute!

I'm a detail girl for sure and so is Mandy so we work well together and love to plan parties!
limeade

It took Mandy a long time to cut out all these funny little mustaches! But they turned out so cute and were another fun touch!

We tied the napkins and forks to look like little bow ties!

We had a yummy brunch!
fruit kabobs

baked french toast and egg dishes

Lindsay enjoys chocolate frosting so we had cupcakes for dessert!

My circle punch is my best friend!

We also had a little "photo booth" to take fun pictures of all the guests! Get the sign? "We mustache (must ask) you to take your photo!" Ha!

Mandy and Jack

Barb and Shirley, Rick's Mom

Kim, Ella, Susie, Lindsay, and Jenn

After we ate, it was time for gifts.

I had this adorable little onesie made for baby Cottier to match our shower theme! Gotta love Etsy!

And Jack gave his soon to be best bud a "Thing 3" onesie, just like the ones he and Brooks have! We can't wait for these 3 boys to grow up together like their Dads did.

Mandy also made Lindsay this awesome diaper cake.

We also played a few games. The first game was a toughie! You had to guess what baby items were in each of these bags. Each item started with the letter on the bag. The winner only got 3 out of the 9 items correct, but won a Starbucks gift card or a Bath and Body works hand soap for her hard work! And Lindsay got to keep all the items inside, which was cool. We also played Baby Item Bingo while Lindsay opened gifts. And we finished off with Ooh Baby Baby, a game where you listen to a minute or so of a song that has the word baby in it. Then you have to name the Title and Artist of the song. They were fun and simple games!

Here are the hostesses with Lindsay! Kim really worked hard and helped Mandy and I out with setting up the shower and baking too! Thanks Kim! (me, Lindsay, Kim, and Mandy)

Mandy and I thought it would be fun to wear ties to host the event! I raided Mark's closet and actually found a couple that matched the color scheme!

Every guest got a little chocolate mustache sucker as a favor! Didn't they turn out so cute?!

Now Lindsay is pretty set for this baby to arrive! It was fun to plan and host the shower but it will be even more fun to hold that little man in our arms so soon!

Love ya Linds, James, and "little baby Ben in Auntie Lindsay's tummy"! (That's what Nolan prays for every night. No, Ben is not the baby's name, but Nolan thinks it is! Ha!)

1 comment:

Jill Sloothaak said...

Oh my! I don't know any of these girls, but I wish I could have been there! So stinkin' cute! Every little detail was just sooo sweet! Good work -- looks like it was a blast!