Monday, February 27, 2012

Friday Play Day

Friday is the one day that Nolan doesn't have preschool. It's a day to sleep in, watch cartoons, and PLAY! With just over a week left of maternity leave, I decided that I needed to plan a few fun activities to do with the boys before I go back to school. So this past Friday morning, after a couple of lazy hours at home, we headed over to the Cherry Creek Mall to play at their Looney Tunes Playland. A free fun activity that we hadn't done in awhile. And the boys loved it!

It was very crowded but the boys still had a blast!

Nolan was petting Sylvester!

Heath's favorite character was Pepe Le Pew! Which is perfect for him! He's a stinky boy who loves to toot! Ha!

Nolan went head first down this slide about a 100 times in a row. He was a maniac!

It was kind of crazy attempting to keep an eye on my older two in the midst of kiddie chaos, while trying to snap photos, and hold and feed a 2 month old! Sometimes I wonder why I take on such things, it's hectic! But the boys love to get out of the house and be busy and so do I! I can't keep myself cooped up for too long without going a little coo-coo! Ask Mark. So, we may be quite the sight when I take the 3 out by myself, but it's so worth it!

This little guy pretty much just hung out!

He laid around for awhile, but I was so paranoid about him getting stepped on by one of the wild children, so I scooped him back up quickly!

Love that little tush up in the air!

Nolan shouting, "I'm the King of the mountain!"

He just looks so tall and skinny in this picture! What happened to my chubby little baby with rolls upon rolls?

He wanted me to take his picture up on this little mountain, but when I would say, "Say Cheese!" he would say, "onions!" and laugh and laugh! Silly boy! I love when he thinks he is being funny!

This picture makes me laugh! This is what Heath found most fun about the playland...running and running and running around in circles. See that little red head on the right- Heath was chasing him prior to this point. Then the red head pushed Heath. He fell down, cried, got a hug from me, and then went right back to chasing him! They had quite a lot of fun together.

After playing for over an hour, I let the boys each choose a snack. Nolan chose a pretzel from Wetzel's Pretzels and Heath chose popcorn from Doc Popcorn. I love this picture of Nolan eating that HUGE pretzel! He ate all but 2 bites. The boy can put it down! Ha!

Then it was time to head home for LONG naps! They had a fun night ahead of them as well. We made plans to have our own playtime with Ernie and Kim that evening so we hired babysitters for Nolan and Heath. They were so excited to have Anna and Brianne come over to play! They LOVE anyone who devotes 100% of their attention to them! So babysitters are just the best thing ever! They have no problem with us leaving them, which is so nice!

Mark, Brooks, and I met up with Ernie and Kim at Cheddar's for dinner. We had a fabulous time catching up, drinking some Blue Moon, and eating a yummy dinner! Then we headed over to the new Celebrity Lanes to do a little bowling! I hadn't bowled in forever! It was a ton of fun!

Here are our victory dances after having bowled a good frame...
Kim was a ringer! She won the first game with a 135!

Ernie did pretty well himself, scoring over 100 both games!

Mark lost the first game to Kim by 1 pin! He wasn't too happy! But he beat us all the 2nd game!

Despite taking bowling class in college, and bowling my best games ever under the alias of Marge with my partner Sophia, I was not on point this evening. I'm just not consistent. But I have fun doing it!

Brooks was a trooper and barely made a peep the whole night! It was so fun to be able to get out with friends and unwind. Thanks E & K for a great time! Let's hope it happens again soon!

1 comment:

Jill Sloothaak said...

Go Marge! Bowling always makes me think of our college days -- bowling and then "Film and Nature" with gummi worms and leather jackets! Hee hee! Fun times!