Saturday, August 16, 2014

Mallory's BIG Bridal Bash!

I had the honor of hosting a bridal shower for Mallory when we were home this summer. My Mom and Bob's Mom both helped with the festivities as well. The shower was for both sides of the family and we invited 60 people! So, of course, we held it at St. Peter's Great Room in order to have enough room for everyone! I have hosted many showers and parties, but had never hosted a shower of this size! So I decided to do it a little less DIY than normal. I found a vendor on Etsy that designed the invites that went perfectly with the feel of Mallory & Bob's wedding. 
And I had a lot of fun creatively addressing the envelopes too. 

On the day of the shower my Mom and I got there early to get all set up. Bob's Mom & Sister, Lauren, and Pat joined us too to help. 

I designed all of the signs and games and such...

My Mom and I brainstormed the decor when she was here for Spring Break...

Soo-ja very generously donated all of the beautiful flowers for the centerpieces. White Hydrangea, Stock, and Babies Breath and some green Pitts too. 

We collected an assortment of clear vases, rolled out some burlap, and added the green apples for a fun detail! Mallory's God Mother, Pat, also brought some Queen Anne's Lace from her yard. 

Soo-ja also made Mallory a pretty corsage and Bob a boutenaire too! {wink, wink}

Mallory loves to bake, so we thought these flower cookie cutters were a great favor. I designed the tag and my Mom tied them all on while we were in the Dells. 

I printed out this fun banner that I found, strung a little jute, and clipped them on with sweet little clothes pins. Mallory collected some photos of her and Bob for me to add to it with doilies behind. 


I thought this simple and cute banner turned out just as I had envisioned. 

I brought some of the decor that I have collected over the years to add a little flare. Blue Polka Dot ribbon, chalkboards, pom poms…love it! Love all the little details that make a party special. 

After we were all set up…the guests started arriving…with gifts in tow! 
Lots and lots of FUN gifts! We ended up having 45 guests attend. 

Everyone mixed and mingled and then we started with some fun games! 

Since both sides of the family were attending I thought it would be fun to do a game where guests could get to know the bride AND the groom. It was fun! Bob's sister and Mallory's friend both won flower scented Yankee Candles. Mallory and Bob love Yankee Candles so we thought they would be the perfect prizes for the games. 
{Sorry this picture is terrible, I took it one night before the shower to send to my Mom. I didn't really take very many pictures at the actual shower because I was so busy, so most of these I got from other people. I really wish I would have taken more myself. Bummer!}

After our first game, I said a quick blessing, and then it was time to eat! 

The catering was amazing! Thanks to Bob's Mom for finding and arranging it! 

When guests were done eating they filled out a Bingo card with ideas for what gifts Mallory and Bob might receive. 
While Mal & Bob opened gifts, guests marked off squares that matched what they opened. Five matches across, down, or diagonal would win! 

I made a little list to record the gifts on. 

And then Bob joined us for the gifts! 
Bob and my Dad were on babysitting duty all day because Mark had flown back to Denver. So Grandpa took the boys down to my Mom's classroom to play while we opened gifts. 

They got so many great gifts to fill their home and start their new life together. 

 I bought Mallory this fun hanger to hang her wedding dress on for the big day. I added a blue and white polka dot bow to dress it up too, but I forgot to take a picture of it. 
And I also ordered her these stamped antique forks for feeding each other their wedding cake. Notice their wedding date on the handles. 

Yes, that's FireBall Whiskey! Here Bob is getting reprimanded for taking a swig. 

Beautiful Mother and Daughter

Soon to be Mother-in-Law Sandy Urbik

My Mom and two of her BESTIES! Karen on the left and Helen on the right. 

My cousin Kristen and I. 

While Mal & Bob were wrapping up the opening of their gifts, we had dessert! 
We ordered cupcakes and Lauren added the white pearl sprinkles to the top. The little flags were a labor of love…let me just tell ya. I saw them on Pinterest and thought they were cute and looked simple enough. They were not a Pinterest FAIL, they turned out super cute, but took A LONG TIME to make! 

Everyone kept saying how yummy the cupcakes were and asking where we got them. They were just from Jewel Bakery, but I had to agree…they were delish! 

After gifts all the guests filled out a Wedding Madlib for Mallory and Bob. 
It was fun to read them after the shower. Some were sweet and some were saucy! Perfect for Mal & Bob. 

Mallory's friend and bridesmaid,  Jen,  made an AMAZING bow bouquet. 

The Happy Couple! 

After the shower we took some family pics outside the church. 
Bob's Mom, Bob, Mallory, and his sister Abby

Lauren is a member of our family for sure! 

She and her sister Jennifer are life long friends/sisters to us. 
Thank you for all of your help with the shower Lauren! You are great! 

We are more than thrilled to add Bob to our family! 
He fits in perfectly! 

Two of my very favorites! 
Mallory, I am so happy that you have found the one with whom your soul rests. Love you and am so proud of you! Can't wait for October! 

And on a complete side note…this is the view you could have seen when leaving the shower...
'
Grandpa and Flobby accidentally put Brooks in a SWIM diaper before heading to the shower! Needless to say he was soaking wet within minutes and running through the church pants-less! Quite the sight! But so stinkin' cute! One of those stories we'll never forget! 

2 comments:

Cara S. said...

As usual, you did a great job! Very cute and classy, and what a task considering the size of the guest list! So excited for Mallory and Bob!

Jill Sloothaak said...

Love all the details! Good job! And your gifts to her were so sweet and thoughtful! Love them!