Saturday, June 21, 2014

Nolan's Kindergarten Program

On Nolan's last day of Kindergarten he had his first ever school program. His Preschool never did programs, so we were so excited to be able to watch him sing! He loves to sing and has a great voice…harmonizing already, just like his Daddy! 

I dropped him off at the regular time with gifts in hand for his teachers...
For Mrs. Stackley

And Mrs. Hogarth

His Teachers gave him some really sweet gifts as well. 
I just love this little lucky penny pin for him to wear on his first day of 1st Grade. I've never seen this idea before and I LOVE it! I may have to copy it for my class next year. 

And of course I had some goodies for him as well. I love to reward my guys for their hard work in small, simple ways. 

Then at 10 o'clock the whole fam came to support Nolan, watch his program, and have some ice cream afterwards. 

He was a little nervous, but he did GREAT! 
He was all smiles when he spotted us. 

Their flower face masks turned out so cute. Each of them unique. I got to help them sponge paint them when I was volunteering in the classroom on Wednesday mornings. I loved Nolan's precise design. I loved his color choices too! 

 He checked in for some THUMBS UP throughout the program…my little way of encouraging him and his little way of letting me know he's doing o.k and getting a little boost of confidence. 

Here are some clips of their performance...
Nolan is in the green shirt all the way on the left. 
You could really hear him singing...
This one made me tear up. 

And this one made me laugh...
Yes, it looks like he's grabbing himself a time or two. Ha! And we'll probably always tease him for that, but I know that he was just anxiously playing with the ties of his shorts. He does that sometimes. And now we have it here on video to remember always. But wasn't that song so cute anyways?! 

And then they ended with this adorableness...

After their program the new 1st Graders met us outside for an ice cream social...
They ate every last bite. 

Oma & Opa joined us to celebrate. Doesn't Opa make a beautiful flower? 

Nolan and Mrs. Hogarth being silly! I LOOOOOOVED his class' T.A. She was the best- patient, encouraging, warm, and kind! 

Mrs. Stackley…she will be missed! She really believed in Nolan and made him feel so good about himself! 

And Miss Kaylyn the high school helper! We've already run into her at the pool this summer. So it will be fun to see her around the neighborhood. 

Running around with this friend Garv. 

  Oma and Opa also had a few little gifts for the boys to congratulate them on their great school year! 

After we ate and said our goodbyes I think we were all anxious to get home, relax, and start SUMMER!

But not before a few sweet photos with our graduate...


My first born will now be in First Grade. In school, all day, every day. He is SO ready! He had a great academic year and grew socially. He loves reading and is a strong writer. He is responsible and loves his school. He had perfect attendance all year! He is a kind friend and a good role model. And Mark and I could not be more proud! 



Nolan Bradley…
We love you to pieces! Continue to work hard and to believe in yourself! Never give up! You are smart and funny and a gentle soul. And God has great things in store for you! We know it! 
Dream! Strive! Become! 

1 comment:

Jill Sloothaak said...

Absolutely precious!! Way to go to those teachers for that program! How CUTE was that last song???? Loved it! Nolan was awesome! YAY for 1st grade!