Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Par-Tee Fore Kim!

On Sunday I had the pleasure of helping to host a baby shower for my good friend Kim who is expecting the addition of a little baby boy into their family in just a few weeks! Kim is married to Mark's life long friend, Ernie Krauth. And Kim and I have become great friends over the years, we even help watch each others kids now. We are so thankful for the blessing that this family is to us and I was thrilled to celebrate the precious baby boy that will soon join their family! 

I just love how our little group of friends has had the tradition of hosting showers for EACH baby born, even if it's the second or third baby in a family. EACH baby is SO special and deserves a day to be celebrated! And the Mama deserves some pampering too! 

Ernie and Kim are both golfers and they have done an argyle theme in baby boy's nursery. You should see it! It's pretty amazing! So we thought that a golf theme would be perfect for the shower too! We kind of planned and threw the shower together pretty quickly after a busy holiday season, but I really think everything came together so well! I was super thankful for the help of Mandy and Amanda! 
Here is the invitation that I designed! (Obviously, I edited out our address in this picture, but you get the idea!) This little display greeted the ladies when they walked in the door. (I forgot to take a picture of the front door sign- it said "Let's Par-Tee!" And had cute little balloons up too! oops!) But I made all the signs and the banner for the shower to match the invite. 


We used little golf touches throughout the house to help decorate. 
And we asked everyone to dress in "country club attire"- argyle, polos, pearls, you name it! 
They would be "members" of the Krauth Country Club for the day! 


We did a "tee time" theme for food and drinks. 

This is not the best picture, but I couldn't get the lighting right considering we have yet to purchase blinds for this window, but see the white balls? They are supposed to look like golf balls! Fun, huh?!

We made tea sandwiches- cucumber sandwiches and egg salad sandwiches. And used golf tees instead of toothpicks for a fun little touch. We also had delicious scones from Panera and carrot sticks. 

And we served tea to drink. We borrowed beautiful tea cups, from Mandy's Mother in Law, to use for the tea...
and I switched out the bows on my Mason Jars and used them for the limeade and water. (Cheapest and most fun investment I've made! If you host a lot of parties they are super fun to have- I save the ribbons or bakers twine and then am able to re-use them if they match another event I throw.)





After everybody ate, it was time for some games! Mandy made this golf score card for our "members" to record their scores. And we had little golf pencils to write with. We had nine holes (games) and the "member" with the lowest score at the end...WON! 

First up was "Find Your Golf Ball"! You hit your ball into the rough and you must now retrieve it! 
Nolan and I had fun hiding plastic golf balls all over the house. Each ball had a "member's" name written on it. You had to run around and find YOUR ball. Your number of strokes was determined based on how quickly you found your ball! 


Once you found your ball then it was on to hole #2...
Total up the number of strokes it takes you to putt your ball into the Gator's mouth! Nolan and Heath's Gator Golf game came in quite handy! Ha! 


While some were putting, other's started on hole #3...

How many golf balls can you scoop out of the bowl in 10 seconds. Your number of strokes was once again determined by how many golf balls you got out. More balls = less strokes! 

This was definitely a game that was better to play after you had watched a few people's techniques! Kim had it mastered! 

Hole #4 moved down to the basement. "Closest to the Pin"
Everyone hit their ball, once, down quite a long stretch. Then we measured to see whose ball was closest to a designated "pin" I  had taped to the carpet. Closest = 1 stroke, all the way up to the farthest away from the pin racking up 14 strokes! Sorry Cara! 

After the first 4 holes we went back upstairs to take a break and let Kim open up some gifts! 
Mandy made another adorable diaper cake- she does a great job! 




Kim got a lot of nice things for new baby boy! 



After opening up about half of the gifts, we finished up the last 5 holes. "Golf Cart Talk" 
We recorded Ernie, Ernie's Mom, Kim's Mom, Kim's Sister- Amanda, and Ella answering 1 question each about Kim and Ernie as babies and Kim's pregnancies. 
We watched the videos for their question, paused it, and then everyone wrote down what they thought the answers would be.

Then we finished the clip. If you got the answer correct = 1 stroke, if you were wrong = 5 strokes. 

Here are the video clips! They are cute! 

Ernie's Mom

Ernie

Amanda

Kim's Mom

Ella

So our PAR ended up being WAY TOO low, with most people having scores in the 20's and 30's! But I think everyone had a pretty good time! 
Joneen, Ernie's Mom, was one of the winners! 

As Kim finished up opening the rest of her presents, we munched on mini bundt cakes from Nothing Bundt Cake. If you have never had cake from here, you need to. DELICIOUS! 


Baby Boy Krauth will be decked out in some pretty stylish clothes! 

Ernie's Mom wrapped up Ernie's baby book and gave it to Kim. What a sweet and thoughtful gift. She was in tears! And it made me happy to see her so grateful for it. When I'm scrapbooking a baby book or making little notes for birthdays, Mark always tells me, "Abby, we have BOYS!" I know that they may not end up being as sentimental as I am, but hopefully, someday their wives will appreciate all the little things I've saved throughout the years! 

It was fun having Ella there to help celebrate her "baby brother"! 

2 cute preggo Mamas- Kim and Lindsay!

Sisters- Kim and Amanda! 

Kim with her hostesses! 
(From Left to Right- Mandy, Kim, Amanda, and myself)

Kim's sweet friend of 30 years- Jeni! 

As the "members" left, they were each given a little favor on the way out! 


Lindsay made these incredible cookies and cute little tags! She is so talented! 

It was such a fun afternoon with some very dear friends. And we can not wait to meet baby boy Krauth in just a few short weeks! He is so LOVED already! 

4 comments:

Jill Sloothaak said...

OH. MY. CUTENESS!

Adorable, Abby! I love ALL of the special little golf touches! Such a fun way to celebrate baby boy Krauth!

Kim said...

What an awesome, incredible day! I felt super loved, but more importantly, I felt the love for my little man! I am so thankful he has so many people that love him so much. Nothing means more to a mom! Thank you for throwing such a special fun, interactive party. Just up my "fairway"!

Unknown said...

This is amazing! What a creative, fun idea! I am blown away by your party-planning skills! :)

Cara S. said...

I'm not sure how I missed this post...I just saw it tonight!

Seriously, Abby, that was one of the best baby showers I have ever been to. So creative, different, and fun.

It was awesome to celebrate Kim, and you all did a phenomenal job!