Monday, September 28, 2015

Kindergarten!

I CAN NOT believe that this kiddo is in Kindergarten! 
He has totally knocked our socks off during his first few weeks of school! 

He is SO proud to go to Mammoth Heights with Nolan and he is in looooooove with his teacher, Mrs. Parker. 

We brought her a fun gift too! 
Love his little hands in this photo.

And love his little printing in this one. 

Believe it or not, there are TWO Heaths in his class! Never thought we'd have that when we named him! And they are both cute little blondies. 

His classroom is a Lego Theme and he colored this Lego guy at his Meet & Greet! He was super pumped to have Legos all over his new room! The cute teacher in the background is his Student Teacher. And he also has a full time EA in the classroom as well. With 26 Kindies…it is nice to have 3 adults in the room most days! 

Heath's 1st day gifts...

Nothing better than Mr. Sketch Markers! 
Simple, thoughtful gifts are my LOVE language. The smile on their faces when they receive surprises mean the world to me! 

 Ready to go! 

And here is the famous Mrs. Parker. We have heard amazing things about her for years, but Nolan did half day Kindergarten, so he didn't have her. We chose full day for Heath and he has totally SCORED in the teacher department this year! Mrs. Parker is extremely warm, loving, cutesy, and F-U-N! Her room is every Kindergartners' dream come true! 

Here he is about to walk in on his first day of school! He totally rocked it! Walked right in super confidently! 

By the end of the long day without his brothers...
Brooks is always SO happy to see them when we pick them up from school at 3:30. 

Heath lost his 2nd tooth during the first week of school! He was thrilled to receive a sparkly $1 bill from the Tooth Fairy! 

He was also chosen as a Science Star during his first week of Science Class! 1 student is chosen each day! We were super proud of his handwork! 

Much to his dismay, he has also started Homework. After a long day of learning, he is exhausted when he gets home. So he doesn't love the idea of having to do more work once he gets home. It's not much, but it's good practice. So we've had to figure out the right balance of rest, play, snack, and Homework after school. A positive attitude and happy heart are most definitely celebrated! Because he is totally capable! 
I mean, look at this, he does great work! He always gives his best effort once he starts! 

A few pictures from Back to School Night...
"Heath" was waiting in his seat for us when we arrived. Too cute! 

And check out his cute little fish hanging from the ceiling! I love that he said his fish was happy! That's the best! 

Favorite Color Day! Of course, he had to choose "gold", "golden", "goldish" for his favorite color. And there was no talking him out of it or convincing him otherwise. So we had to get creative with what he could wear. We picked up a role of gold duct tape and got to work! And he was SO proud! It think it turned out pretty stinkin' cute! He told me that he like gold because it was the color of the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, gold coins that leprechauns bring, and golden eggs. Gotta love his creativity! 

And finally, a heart he made for Mrs. Parker! "I think you're the best because you are funny." I'm so glad he's having such a good time and making friends quickly. He always has detailed and cute stories to tell me about who he's playing with, what he's learning, and how they do things in Kindergarten! 


And speaking of Kindergarten…
I've been having a great start to my school year as well! 
My bestie, Jill, sent me the sweetest and most thoughtful care package for the start of the school year. 
I have a wonderful class this year. Bright, capable, fun, and kind. And their parents are pretty great too. Supportive, encouraging, and dedicated. 

I am teaching mornings this year, which is a change, but I am able to pick up Brooks from preschool at 12:30 and have the afternoons with him. We play for a bit, he takes a nap, I do laundry, school work, cleaning, and work out. I can then get the other two boys from school at 3:30, get homework done, and start dinner at a reasonable time. It makes our evenings much more relaxed and pleasant. I love that I can be Mommy and Teacher at the same time. I am blessed to have two callings that I am passionate about. And I am blessed to be able to balance them both. 

1 comment:

Jill Sloothaak said...

Heath is such a doll! I'm so happy to hear that he is LOVING Kindergarten and that his teacher is fantastic! YAY! I can't wait to hear about all of his fun, Kindergarten adventures!!