Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Vacation: Installment #1

We have WAY too many pictures and a lot of fun stories to share about our Christmas Vacation. So rather than make a video that would become extremely LONG, I decided that I would break up our trip into a few different blog installments covering the highlights of our fun filled vacay!

This first post will just be a quickie! We arrived in Chicago at 2:30 a.m. after an annoying delay and too many poops at the airport! But we were ready for a busy week of family and friends!

Here is Nolan waiting out our much delayed aircraft!
Thank goodness for portable DVD players!

We finally got to my parents house, slept in, and immediately took off to our first lunch date of the week! We had a wonderful time visiting lots of friends while in Chicago! I have been blessed with so many life long friendships that have withstood time and distance! I love being able to go home and see them and pick up right where we left off!

Our first day there we hit up a "must have" spot to eat: Portillos! I can't go home without having a Portillos hamburger with everything, except of course, onions! We met up with Kati, my highschool friend and college roomie, and her husband Bill. It was great to chat, catch up, eat good food, and of course she got some good cuddle time with the boys!

Kati introduced us all to a wonderful new Portillos treat: their dense & delicious chocolate cake! The boys pretty much devoured most of it, but the few bites I did get were AWESOME!

After lunch, Kati and I got a much needed afternoon out to do some last minute Christmas shopping! It was SO good to have some girly time together like we used to!

Later in the week, we went out with a group of old high school friends to celebrate Don's 30th birthday! It was a fun night of good wine and lots of laughs!
Here is our group of 4! (Keith, Kerri, me, and Don) We did life together during high school and are so blessed to be able to support & love each other as we are in new phases of life with careers, kids, and homes! I love that Mark gets along with them all so well! He even spent an afternoon out golfing with 7 of my closest high school guy friends! (Yes, I did say golfing, in Chicago, in December! We had a trip with pretty mild weather. The day they golfed it was in the 50's!)

And of course a trip home just wouldn't be the same without a stop to see my Korean Mom & Dad- Soo & Ik Choe! I spent a lot of time with them when I worked in their florist and they have become dear friends! I still can never leave them without crying as we say goodbye! Soo is just the sweetest heart and oh so funny too! And Ik loves to tease me, but he is still the same steady, hardworking, and kind man he always was! They love the boys and the boys love them! Nolan thought the shop was so fun to run around in. He pet all the stuffed animals and sniffed every flower!

So there you have it, post #1! You'll probably get annoyed with me because I will be blogging so much, but I just really want each picture, and every person we spent time with to get their own glory on my blog this week! Hope you are all having a very happy New Year! See ya tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jill Sloothaak said...

Love those pics with Davis!