Wednesday, August 8, 2012

a shower for Jayne

My sister in law, Jayne, is pregnant with her second little boy! (Yes, we Jansens know how to make boys! Ha!) So, Cara and I love an excuse to throw a party...
We had a sweet little patio party to help shower Jayne and baby boy #2 with LOVE! 
{I ordered the invite design from my favorite etsy shop: dimple prints! I whited out the personal info here, but you get the drift! Super cute, huh?!}

We held the shower at Cara's house. 

And the weather was perfect for brunch outside. 

I bought these cute mason jars and grey and white striped straws to drink out of. I tied some aqua and white baker's twine around the brim for a fun little touch! 

We added hints of orange for a pop of color! 

Cara picked up this DELICIOUS chocolate, chocolate chip bundt cake from "Nothing Bundt Cakes"! If you haven't had their cakes before, you need to...NOW! They are soooo yummy! And Jayne LOVES chocolate, so it was perfect! 


Gifts for baby boy...they aren't telling his name until he is born, and it's driving me crazy! We did the same thing which is super fun, but somehow when you are on the other end of it, it's not as cool! So the boys and I brainstorm names all the time. Here are some of the names Nolan and Heath think would be great: Quincy and Leo {from Little Einsteins}, Forrest {who knows where Nolan came up with that one}, and Angry Bird Jansen! Oh boys! I have a few in mind also, but I'll let you know if I'm right when he's born in just a few short weeks! 

I made this little banner...it said "It's a boy!" I love all the small details that make a shower special!

Yum! The food! We made egg dishes and had muffins and fruit...super simple! {And doesn't Cara's kitchen look great?!}

It was mostly a friends shower, with a few of us family members thrown in.

My Mom was still in town so she joined us! 

And so did little Ella and Payton, who isn't in the picture. It's fun having a FEW little girls around! 

Opening gifts...


She got some good necessities {diapers, wipes, nursing tanks, a carseat base, bottles, and pacifiers} and a few new things {books and clothes} for the new guy! 

{sisters}

Look at that belly...isn't it just the cutest thing! She looks so good for being 30 some weeks pregnant. AND her skirt coordinated perfectly with the shower theme! 

It was a fun morning for sure! 
Jayne, Brad, and Cohen....we are SO excited for you and can not wait to meet your newest addition. Life sure changes with more than one little boy in the house. It's busy and LOUD, but the love is pretty amazing! We love you guys and are praying for a healthy and quick delivery! 

No comments: