Friday, September 12, 2014

Labor Day Weekend 2014

We spent most of Labor Day Weekend hanging out with my sister and Bob or at the pool. But one of our favorite Labor Day traditions is spending time at the cabin. So we slept in a bit and hung around the house relaxing Monday morning for awhile but then made our way up to Indian Hills for cooler weather and lots of time outdoors! 

Our boys were the only kids for a few hours. 
They set up this store with all sorts of goodies for people to buy. They charged anywhere from 5 cents to 10 dollars. They used the cash register and play money and a telephone. Nolan would use the telephone like he was speaking into the store's intercom. It was too cute !

And of course they spent lots of time in the sandbox. 

Brad, Jayne, and their boys came up later and we all went on a hike. 
Nolan was the most adventurous he's ever been rock climbing, which was fun to see! 

This one is always up for a challenge! 

Following the leader. 

Exploring some "caves" and "hideouts". 

Opa guiding Nolan through a rocky section. 

Our favorite spot! 

It was a beautiful day! 

When we got back from our hike I was happy to cuddle this little one. Ezra Kurt's first trip to the cabin! 

My birthday always falls around Labor Day. This year it was the day after, so I had to work on my birthday. But the boys planned some special things for me anyway. Mark and I had gone out over the weekend. So my real birthday was all about our little fam. 
Mark always does a great job on my birthday chair! I am OBSESSED with the show Friday Night Lights right now. Binge watching whenever I get the chance. So Eric Taylor was a nice face to see on the chair! And of course, I will always LOVE my Logan! GG = BEST SHOW EVER! But best of all…my own sweet guy! He made me coffee and had the chair ready and put in some extra help with the boys before school! Thanks babe. 

My friends at school ordered Jimmy Johns for lunch and baked me cookies. And I brought cookies to share with my students as well. After school I had a class until 7 p.m. but I came home to Skype my fam, open some gifts, and eat delicious home cooked cashew chicken for dinner. 

I got these cute earrings from Jill. {Thanks to the inspiration of our BFF's Shaeffer and Shay! Ha!}
My parents sent me some Tupperware I had requested.  I got some perfume from Mark's parents and some from the boys too! And some new Nikes that I'm pumped about. So needless to say…I was spoiled! 

Thank you to all who contributed to the spoiling with FB messages, texts, phone calls, cards, and gifts! I even got a fun night out at La Sandia with the Jansen girls. 

I love my sweet fam and am always happy to have this LONG weekend with them for my birthday! 

2 comments:

Jill Sloothaak said...

Looks like you had a gorgeous day for a trip to the cabin! And of course I'm so glad that you were spoiled by so many people who love you on your birthday!! Hugs!

Cara S. said...

Love your birthday chair, however, I would also have to add Tim Riggins :)