Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Semptember Photo Overload!

September was a busy, busy month. School was in full swing and it seemed like almost every day there was something special or important that I needed to remember that was going on at one of our three schools. It's a lot to manage…but we're doing it. 
The first Friday morning of every month, the first grade classes at Mammoth Heights have a READ IN. They invite families in to read with their children. We've gone twice now and have so enjoyed listening to Nolan read and reading to his friends whose families were unable to attend. I love hanging out in Nolan's classroom and being involved in his school. It's a great community! I volunteer every Wednesday morning and this year, Mr. G. (in the back left of this pic) is really putting me to work. I'm actually getting to do some reading instruction with kiddos one on one. Which is so beneficial…for us both! 
October READ IN! Nolan reading to the ladies! 

Playing at the Sky Ridge playground while Mommy & Daddy visited with Uncle James, Auntie Lindsay, Libby, and the new and very cute Henry Cottier! 

Getting pumped for the first Bronco Game! 



These boys sure love the Broncos…but I think they love their Daddy the most! 

We woke up one morning to some unexpected snow flurries! You can't see them in this photo, but we were all SCHOCKED! And not ready! And yes, Nolan has a toothbrush in his hand…he ran outside in a hurry to see the snow before school. 

Speaking of school again…don't I have the most handsome 1st Grader?! Love him and his toothy grin! 

I got to spend a day running errands with just this cutie one Sunday and it was simply the best! Love him! 

But...
I did not happen to love the fact that he knocked down this entire display of copper mugs at Bed Bath & Beyond! This middle is SUCH a klutz! No joke! 

Helping his Daddy wash the car one weekend. 

Killing time before his date with Oma, Opa, Cohen, and Landon to go to the Rockies game! They had the best time! I just snapped this picture because he looked so grown up all of a sudden. And he is…he is already counting down the days until he's a Kindergarten Mammoth next year! 

Fundraiser Fun Day at School...
5 kids in my class raised enough money to try to soak me! 

And I got it three times! My top half was dry from the rain jacket but I had to teach in wet jeans for the rest of the day. Next year, I will definitely be more prepared! But I was proud of my Kindergartners and their good aim! 

Mark and I went to a wedding of a colleague of his one Sunday night. It was a beautiful evening. 






This little guy is a crazy sports dude. Before breakfast one MUST play football with his "glove" on! 

Nolan also got to participate in some fundraiser fun at his school. 
For all the money he raised he got to help duct tape his principal and gym teacher to the post outside his school. He thought this was hilarious! 

A family fav...
The Chaparral Homecoming Parade! 

We have the best spot so close to our house.
It's right when the floats leave the parking lot and the students are all so excited that they throw out so much candy! 

We get more candy than on Halloween! Nolan was so aggressive this year! Ha! He was a candy collecting machine! 


The boys decided to use their Broncos and Nuggets drawstring backpacks to collect their candy this year. It was a good idea! 


We always go with our neighbors. 

This year it actually wound around through Stonegate and made it's way back down OUR street. So we headed back to watch the parade again on it's tail end. 

All the kids were riding around and hanging out with the neighbors. 

And we had beer and wine and camped out in our front drive. 



They were pretty much out of candy at this point, like we needed any more, but it was fun to actually watch the floats instead of focusing on the candy. 

It was so fun for the boys! 

And at the tail end of the parade…here came our neighbor Tracy. She got stuck following the parade back into our neighborhood. So we ran over and threw candy to her in her "go kart" since she missed out on all the fun earlier. 

Nolan's Mammoth Challenge Fundraiser

Here he is running on the right and Mr. G is running on the left. 

He did awesome and never stopped for 30 minutes. 

The obstacles were new this year to try to mix it up a bit. 

So the kids didn't run as many laps, but it was a fun change. 




He worked hard and raised a lot of money for his great school! Thank you so much to all of our family and friends who donated! 

Afterwards they celebrated with freeze pops! Biance asked me to take her picture with Nolan. Ha! 

Mark has had to travel a time or two or three lately for work. So I've been on Super Mommy duty. The work weeks are BUSY on my own so we try to take it easy on the weekends when he's gone. 
Lots of outside time

 Dinner at Target after doing some shopping. 

Park Days...

And when Mark's gone…I treat myself! I deserve it! 



The animals escaping the zoo! 

Ezra's baptism...
Uncle Brad & Auntie Jayne asked Nolan and Heath if they would like to carry the baptismal water down the aisle to the baptism. Nolan said he'd like to do it but Heath said "only if I can run down the aisle". So needless to say, Nolan was the man for the job. And he did such a great job! It was an honor for him to participate in the special day of his cousin. 

We sure love that little fighter! 

Since we were in Denver for the baptism, we decided to stop by Trader Joe's before we headed home. 
I found this picture on my phone when I got home. Nolan took it. Heathy selecting some fine "2 Buck Chuck". 

So that was A LOT! But now I'm almost caught up! Just two trips to the Pumpkin Patch and then all of my sister's wedding festivities and maybe, just maybe, I can keep this little ol' blog going. I hope so! 

No comments: