Friday, November 25, 2011

Our Little Space Ranger's 2nd Birthday Bash...

On the night of Heath's birthday we had a really fun family birthday party for him...
He is "assessed" with Toy Story as Nolan says! (obsessed! ha!) So there really was only one option for a party theme, even though I have always said that I would stay away from character type theme parties. I always thought they seemed cheesy. But what your little 2 year old wants...he gets! And I actually thought these invitations turned out pretty cute! I ordered them off of Etsy and ended up getting them for free because the designer shipped them late! Score for me!

During the day while Nolan was at preschool, Heath and I did a little party prep and he got to watch Toy Story 3 while sitting in his Birthday Chair! He thought he was pretty cool in his big chair and he LOVED his balloons!


One of the only things that I made for his party was his Birthday Chair sign...
I think it turned out pretty cute!

Here is his chair full of gifts even before the party guests arrived!

He got a few packages in the mail from the Sloothaaks, Grandpa & Grandma, Auntie Mal, and Uncle T. He loved going down to the mailbox and finding packages waiting for him each day!

For this party I only baked cupcakes...I had NO creative cake energy in me!

A close up of the cupcakes...love my Pillsbury Easy Frosting! And Heath loved the cupcake toppers that I BOUGHT! Easy was the theme of this party for sure!

We set up the table with Toy Story plates and cups full of Toy Story candies for the kids to take home as party favors.

I pretty much walked down the Toy Story section at the party store and scooped up anything I could find! And I actually thought that these "goodie bags" were very practical. I know I could always use more kid friendly plates and cups for the boys. And I'm pretty sure all the kids enjoyed the candy too!

After nap time it was time to PARTY!!
We kept the guest list small and just invited Mark's immediate family...that was about all this 36 weeks pregnant party planner could handle!

We made French Dip sandwiches and had chips, potato salad, fruit, and veggies for dinner. Simple and delicious and even pretty kid friendly!

All the cousins had a blast running around and playing with just about every toy we own.

After dinner it was present time...
Of course Heath wanted to open this gift first- it was in a Toy Story bag! We got him a Jessie action figure to add to his collection!

We also bought him these rain boots! He loves Nolan's froggie rain boots and always puts them on. But they are way too big on him and he stomps around and trips. So he was thrilled to get boots of his own!

Uncle Brad, Auntie Jayne, and Cohen got him this cool Cars 2 book with buttons to press and a steering wheel to turn! The boys love it!

Heath got his cute plate from the Sloothaaks. And they also got him an adorable striped tie! Can't wait to find the perfect occasion for him to wear it!

Daddy and Nolan went to Target and picked out a special gift just from them! A Darth Vadar Light Sabre! He LOVES it...it lights up and makes noise! Guess what Nolan will be getting for his birthday next month...the Luke Skywalker one! They will have some fierce battles with them for sure! And I'm sure we might have to pick up the Anakin Skywalker Light Sabre too for future roughhousing between all THREE of our guys!

Oma & Opa also got Heath a Buzz Lightyear laser gun that shoots nerf darts and lights up and makes zapping noises! The boys have already loved terrorizing me with these weapons ALL.THE.TIME! My life with 3 boys will never be dull, that's for sure!
My two partners in crime cheesing for the camera!

After presents, all of Heath's new toys had to come up to the table with him to sing Happy Birthday!

He did a great job blowing out the candles! The air in his bottom lip in this photo cracks me up!

Time to dig in! He mainly licked the frosting off of the cupcake topper over and over again. But he hasn't had much of an appetite lately since he's had a cold. I'm bummed because in all of these birthday photos you can tell that he just doesn't feel 100%. He looks pale and his eyes look tired. But he still had a blast despite being under the weather.

I had to snap some pictures with my 2 year old before the evening was over!

Nolan wanted to get in on the action too! Love these guys! And I CAN NOT believe that any day now I will have 1 more to add to the mix!

As soon as our party guests left it was time for bed! The boys were exhausted from all their fun!

Here is some video footage from the birthday party...

Uncle T.'s package came a day late...which was fun for Heath because he got to keep his birthday going...
He got this fun Roarin' and Racin' Rex...which was instantly a hit with BOTH boys! We have had constant negotiations going on over all the new toys! We are really working on sharing, trading, and waiting our turn to play with what we want. But somehow they always want what the other brother has!

The day after his birthday we had his 2 year well check visit with the doctor. Here are his latest stats and Nolan's are next to them in parenthesis...not only are their personalities completely different, but their builds seem to be as well:
Height: 35 1/4 inches @ 75% (37 1/2 in. @ 97%)
Weight: 26 pounds @ 27% (33.2 lbs. @ 94%)
Head Circumference: 50 centimeters @ 85% (48.8 cm. @ 55%)

Thank you to everyone who helped make our 2 year old's birthday so special! We love you all!

2 comments:

Jill Sloothaak said...

How fun, Abbs! I love all of the sweet details -- I must admit that I I love all of the blues and greens that come with a Toy Story party. Cute! Glad that you had such a fun night celebrating your big guy! And, you look amazing for being only a few weeks away from baby #3! Your face is as thin as ever!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd birthday Heath! We love you and think you are a pretty awesome kid.