Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Nesting- part 1

I have entered full blown nesting mode! Everyday I feel this sense of urgency to get things done around the house and in preparation for the arrival of our THIRD little boy! It's perfect timing because I am off track for the next three weeks and can slowly start to check things off of my TO DO list. I get one or two small things done a day, but I still have a few BIG things that are looming over my head and driving me crazy- like getting the nursery done, and moving Heath into his big boy bed. I know that I still have about a month until my due date. But I just have this feeling that I will have this guy early. I was a week early with Nolan and 2 weeks early with Heath, but now that I'm saying this I'll probably go past my due date! Ha!

One of the first things I decided to take on to get ready for baby's arrival was to redo the boys bathroom. We had never really done anything in this room besides take down the hideous floral border that was up when we moved in and hang up an old shower curtain. And now that I knew we would be having all boys I wanted to make it a BOY bathroom for them. Not that they spend much time in there, but I wanted it to be a cool space for them to take baths and brush their teeth and do what boys do best...stink it up!
I bought this simple navy blue shower curtain and picked out a slate grey wall color. I did all the taping and Mark painted the walls. I also bought all new brushed nickel hardware to replace the gold stuff that was in there already. Wow, it's crazy how expensive just a toilet paper holder can be! This quick little re-decorating job turned out to be much more expensive then planned! More on that to come...

We replaced the lighting and medicine cabinet as well.

And I added a few little decorative touches...

We took a few things from Heath's nursery to use in the new bathroom since he'll be moving in with Nolan soon and I want to do a new theme in the nursery for the "new baby". {What Nolan calls him these days...we have decided on his name, but there is no way we are telling him what it is! Nolan remembers everything and will be sure to repeat! We, actually I, really want to keep it a secret...something easy to do to make it special and surprise our friends and family on the day yet another boy enters our lives!}

I bought nice, new, thick, warm towels for them, in grey and navy. I want new towels now too! They are awesome and so soft and best of all I got a rockin' deal on them at Kohl's with my 30% off coupon!

The boys really love their new bathroom and their Mommy is pretty happy with the way it turned out as well!

Even if we had a {minor} mishap, which resulted in a cracked pipe, a {large} hole in the wall in the hallway, visits from a plumber and a drywall guy, yet another trip to Lowe's for some paint color matching, and about another $400 down the drain! YIKES!

What was supposed to be a quick nesting project done in a weekend, took about a month, but hey...that's life! And now it feels awesome to have it checked off the list! Next up, finishing touches on the boys room and the nursery...stay tuned!

3 comments:

Jill Sloothaak said...

Looks great!!

Unknown said...

Nice job, Abby! That is such a cute bathroom. :)

boschkp said...

You are always so creative! Looks great.