Friday, May 13, 2011

Nothing says love like...

donuts!

I woke up Sunday morning to the best surprise ever! Nolan actually managed to keep a secret all week! He came up with his own plan for what he thought would be the perfect Mother's Day gift! So Mark woke him up early on Sunday morning and the two of them snuck out of the house on their "secret mission"! Nolan did whisper to me the night before, "We have a lot of places to go. It's a secret!" And that they did. They headed out to Lamar's donuts where Nolan handpicked each donut. Then it was off to King Soopers, with the many other last minute dads and kids, to pick out a recordable card and pink tulips!

When they got home they snuck upstairs to wake me up! Nolan greeted me with my usual "morning kiss" and the sweetest and most excited, "Happy Mother's Day"! Then he showed me the tulips he picked out and the yummy donuts too! When I opened my card, there was Nolan's voice saying, "Happy Mother's Day! I love you!" and it played the song "You're Unbelievable!" Nolan was so proud of his message and he started dancing to the music!

Then it was time to dig in to the donuts! Nolan picked out the most perfect donut for himself- a glazed cake donut covered in Lucky Charms marshmallows! Every kids dream!

After breakfast in bed, we decided to skip church because the boys both have yucky colds and Heath was quite cranky, so we headed over to visit Mark's grandma instead. We had a nice time chatting with Oma Bosch, Aunt Sue, and Uncle Dave! But then it was on to one of our favorite Denver Hot Spots- Wash Park!

The weather was warm and beautiful...perfect for a walk and picnic in the park!
We planted ourselves under this tree and spread out the blanket!

The boys LOVED eating outside...

lounging around...

and soaking up some sun!

I got to relax on the blanket while the boys went out to explore! Look at how cute they are! Nolan looks just like his Daddy!

They threw some rocks in the creek...

and we fed some bread to the ducks!

After walking all the way around the lake it was time to go home for naps and a little pampering!

I had one, glorious, quiet hour at the spa getting a pedicure! For all you OPI lovers out there, the color of choice was "Lincoln Park After Dark"! It felt so good to have a little me time and cute toes too!

Later that evening, after naps, we got to celebrate Mother's Day with my Mom via Skype! Nolan, Heath, and I worked together to make her this stone for her garden! It was fun to get to see her open it, even if it couldn't be in person! We sure love Grandma!

Nolan had fun pressing in his handprint and choosing the perfect spot for each little gem!

Mark's parents were in Michigan for a wedding so we will be celebrating Mother's Day with Oma tomorrow!

It was a simply perfect day! I am so honored to be a mom to my two incredible boys! And I am blessed to have Mark to do it all with!

Speaking of how awesome Mark is...
he really surprised me with this belated Mother's Day gift...


Due to a shipping error, this little beauty arrived 2 days late! But better late than never! I was so thrilled! I have forever been eyeing this sideways cross necklace that Kelly Ripa wears almost daily on her show! And now it's gracing my neck too! Can you tell I'm just a bit giddy?!

Thank you Mark for making me feel so special and so loved!

2 comments:

Jill Sloothaak said...

What a PERFECT day! Looks like you had perfect weather for your Mother's Day, and I LOVE that necklace too! Lucky girl! Glad that you got to be so spoiled!

Emily said...

love it all!!!