Thursday, May 26, 2011

Go Rapids!

Here are some pictures from our evening out at the Colorado Rapids game! The weather was perfect and we got a great deal on a family pack of tickets, with good seats, that included dinner!

This was my first official soccer game. Other than watching my friend Keith play a few times in high school, I really don't think I have ever watched any other soccer game! Not the World Cup, not a single game at Calvin, and not even my niece Payton...which by the way, P.R., we really need to come watch you! So I definitely had NO IDEA what was going on! Because really, as everyone knows, I usually talk through most sporting events I attend!

So all the shots I took of the game actually being played, I can not even attempt to accurately comment on! My brother knows a whole lot about the sport and has been closely following a team this year, so he was really into it. Mark enjoyed the match too, but had to deal with a feisty 18 month old, and therefore missed some of the action! And Nolan really liked learning about some of the rules of the sport when he wasn't snacking, singing, or wiggling around our area!

The Rapids have a really nice stadium! They played Toronto FC.

Nolan is happy to debut his photography skills! He likes taking pictures of the sky! And heads! But this picture does really show what a pretty evening it was- 70 degrees and sunny! And can you see COLORADO spelled out on the seats?

Here starts the section of photos I like to call, "I have no idea what's happening!"
Man kicks ball

Player can not use his hands

Try to get the ball into the net

That's all I got! :)

Nolan was more than SUPER EXCITED to be able to have his very own "orange pop"! Here he is showing off his bottle!

Heath watching the action!

He DOES. NOT. SIT. STILL these days! He HATES to be confined! And if he has to be held- he SCREAMS and SCREECHES! Which made for being in a tight spot really fun! Luckily we had some empty seats behind us, so he and I moved back there for some room to walk around and explore!

Nolan and Uncle T. enjoying the game!

Can you tell both of the boys have full mouths? I think they ate their way through the match! Hot dogs, french fries, pop, fruit snacks, & suckers...what fun!

In the end, I guess it really wasn't that great of a game- a tie: 0-0! It would have been fun for Nolan to see a goal, but none the less, I still think he had a great time!

Nolan was such a good boy and really enjoyed being able to learn new things, see exciting stuff, and go to a fun new place! Thanks Uncle T. for the idea! It will be a special memory for him!

1 comment:

Cara S. said...

I love your play-by-play commentary, it made me laugh out loud :) Glad you had fun with your brother. A 0-0 tie is just one of the reasons Wes loves soccer SO MUCH!