Thursday, February 17, 2011

Rocky Mountain High...Colorado

This past weekend we arranged for Mark's whole family to come up to one of our favorite places on earth: The Van Eps Family Cabin on Shadow Mountain Lake! It was a Christmas/thank you for watching our kids so much present for Mark's parents! We are so fortunate not to have to pay for day care for our children. So we try to do little things to thank Barb for the time and love she gives to our children each week!

And we could think of nothing better than a family getaway to the mountains in this beautiful log cabin home that our friend D.J.'s Dad built! The Van Eps have been life long family friends to Mark's family and we have had the pleasure of spending weekends away with our friends in this incredible space! And now it was time to make more memories there!

Photobucket

The kids had a blast playing in the loft and the "secret room"...really they just had fun playing everywhere! As long as they were together!

Photobucket

And we had some great outdoor fun too!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mark got to go skiing with his siblings and had fun teaching Brad and Wes how to snowboard!

Photobucket

I just love these family photos that we took!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had a relaxing weekend away, laughed a lot, ate well, and just had fun being together!

5 comments:

Cara S. said...

It was a GREAT time. Thanks for including us!

boschkp said...

Glad you had a wonderful time. I have so many wonderful memories of the family trips Ken and I were blessed to have with our kids and grandkids. Hope your family continues to make memories...

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun weekend!!! By the way Abby how to do you do your photos with the framing and wording? Do you use your iphoto for all of that? I'm still learning all the whistles and bells to my imac.

Emily said...

Abby- sorry for the first comment by me. It says it's from Josh..really it's from me. Didn't realize Josh was logged in. oops!

Sweet Home Colorado said...

Emily...I figured out that it was you! I do the photo framing and text in Photobucket and then upload my photos into blogger from there. Here is the link to the tutorial that I used to learn how to do it! I also follow her blog as well! It's fun!

http://libbybonjour.blogspot.com/p/tutorials_06.html

She has a bunch of fun tutorials I'd like to play around with someday! Have fun!

:) Abby