Sunday, February 28, 2010

WG 7

This past Thursday my Women's Group celebrated our 7th Anniversary together! When I first moved to Denver and had absolutely NO friends, Mark introduced me to his old high school friend Jenn. She was kind enough to invite me to join her Women's Group.

I was nervous to meet this gathering of girls, not knowing a soul, but am I ever glad I did! They welcomed me in after they had been meeting for months and it was so nice to finally have some ladies to chat with, cry with, and do life with!

And for the past 6 plus years, we have met every other Thursday at various houses, coffee shops, parks, and other fun places to spend time together! We have spent hours talking, baked cakes, studied the Bible, mini-golfed, exchanged pajamas, gone to shows, seen movies, ate goodies, and probably our favorite...celebrated anniversaries with FONDUE!

We have been through so much together over the years- engagements, marriages, babies, new jobs, moves, school, break-ups, and so much more! I am so thankful for these ladies!

Check out Sarah's blog for a great description of this group: she's an excellent writer and budding photographer! And here are a few of my pics from our fun anniversary night!

Natalie, Jenn, Sarah, Rachel, Heather, and of course, Heath and myself!

We made t-shirts to celebrate!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! I love us. :) And thanks for linking my blog. Thursday night was fabulous.

Dave and Tara Harris said...

What a great idea! I wish I had a girls group like this!!! Looks and sounds like so much fun! What a blessing to have girlfriends, that's for sure!!