Friday, November 6, 2015

OcToBeR!

Life just never seems to slow down! Here is another post dedicated to the random happenings of the Jansen family! 

Barnes & Noble Day for Antelope Ridge! 
I think snakes are super cool! 
Mark, on the other hand, was happy to just snap pictures of us handling the snakes! He was not thrilled when one crawled under my arm pit. The snake's handler said to be still so that it doesn't bite me. But don't worry, it wasn't venomous! Ha! Mark said, "O.k. I think she's done. She's done." Ha! He couldn't get it off of me fast enough. 

A fun family Friday night out at the Halloween Store! 
The boys love looking at all of the costumes and trying on masks and even taking a peek at the creepy stuff too! Our favorite of the night was Mark in this PUG mask! So funny! 

We also spent some time at Nick's one Sunday after church. 
Such a fun place to explore! 

Eli Vogel's birthday party! 

Our Disney World Countdown began! 

The boys take turns pulling off one chain link a day until we leave! 

I saw this hanging outside of Nolan's classroom one day. I snapped a picture of it because I was confused by what it was. Everyone else drew pictures of birds, fish, cats, dogs, etc. I thought Nolan maybe got the objective wrong and drew something imaginary. When I asked him about it he said they had to draw a picture of an animal and it had to semi resemble the real thing...that's the -ish part. I guess they read a book titled -ish. And Nolan swore that this was a real animal. So I looked it up…and sure enough…it is! It's a lizard looking thing with those creepy claws. Just like his drawing! Leave it to Nolan to choose this random, yet fascinating, animal! Love his creativity! 

A Halloween Sneek-Peak! 
These crazies are OBSESSED with their costumes this year! They wear them about every day! They run around the house, and battle, and even ride their bikes & scooters in them! 
We sure are getting our money's worth out of our costumes this year! "Yo Yo Fo Force"! That's Mega Force in Brooks talk! 

Nolan took a risk and auditioned for a special part in his first choir performance of the year. 
He got it! And was a Boom Whacker for the song, "It is Well." We were so proud of him for stepping out of his comfort zone and trying something new. We always laughed that we thought he'd be in 6th grade before he auditioned for a special part. But he surprised us all and did it first thing this year. He has a great voice too, so we've been encouraging him to try out for a solo next time. We'll see! 


Here he is at rehearsal before their Sunday performance. I had to volunteer that day. It was fun to see him behind the scenes! 
I also had to be the Storyteller in-between church services. Adam, Eve, Cain, and Able. 

It was a busy week with about 10 hours of rehearsals and performances. But it is all worth it! I love watching my guy sing and lead worship! He has the sweetest heart. 

We've had the BEST weather lately! It's been warm and perfectly FALL! We've spent a lot of time zooming around outside lately. 

Lauren came to town! 
 We had a fun Friday night of drinks, games, and karaoke! 

The boys loved their new playmate! And they kept her quite busy! 

 She joined in their battles! 

And did Perler Beads with them. 

She even spoiled them with breakfast and Target! 
They were THRILLED to get to pick out a few new fun things at Target with their crisp $10 bills! 

On their last day together they got to go to Panera too! 

Lauren, Mallory, and I got Pedicures together. It was fun to relax and chat and laugh. We do a lot of laughing with Lauren. She's like a sister to us! 

We are so thankful for this fun and life long friend! 

This picture just makes me laugh. I found it on my phone. Heath took if of Brooks and Nolan is photo bombing! 

One weekend at the mall...

We don't watch Scooby Doo, but it was fun to see the Mystery Machine and characters made out of Legos. The boys each got to make a mini Lego Mystery Machine for free as well! 

CU game with friends! 
Road Trippin' margs on the way up to Boulder! 

We set up a great tailgate! It was great to have some time with my hubby and lots of fun with my friends! 

Fire Ball helped pass the time! Because you know me, I probably didn't watch too much football! 

 But I took Silly Selfies with this one! 

And had a lot of laughs with these guys! 

Brothers and Buff fans! 

Thanks Ernie & Kim for a fun night! Despite the loss. 

And look what came in the mail this month! Ahhhh! We are SO excited! #JohnsonsdoMickeyWorld

A cute card came in the mail for the Johnson grandkids! Even Baby Urbik was included! 

After Auntie used our chalkboard for her gender reveal, it was time to make a new one. The boys wanted a ghost, so I tried my best! boo!

One day while volunteering at MHE I spotted this hanging on a bulletin board. Proud of my guy! 

Nolan had his very first SICK DAY! We got a call from the Nurse at Mammoth Heights that Nolan was sick and needed to be picked up from school. He had a terrible cough and couldn't stop and he could barely breath. So Mark picked him up and brought him home. Then when I got home from school, Nolan and I had to go pick up Brooks from Oma & Opa's. As soon as Brooks heard that Nolan was sick he leaned over and cuddled and kissed him. What a sweetie! 

Heath's Pumpkin Patch field trip was very sadly canceled due to rain. Instead they had a Pumpkin Pajama Party! They watched movies, did crafts, and partied for the day! 

I brought Nolan with me to Halloween BINGO night at Antelope Ridge. He was a great little helper, selling drinks at the concession stand! He was paid for his service with pizza, pop, and candy! I think he was happy! 

Fall Break Fun! 

We enjoyed BEAUTIFUL weather on both of our fall breaks! We did a lot of bike riding and Heath moved up a bike size! He's feeling pretty cool now! 

On my Fall Break I got to volunteer in the boys' classrooms a few times that week. I got to read a story and do a snack with Heath's class too. We read The Little Old Lady who was not Afraid of Anything. And then we made a Scarecrow snack that went along with the story. Heath was the cutest thing, so proud, to have me "teaching" his class. I got to eat lunch with both of the boys and their friends that day as well.  

Brooks is so cute. He has really loved learning about Jesus at school this year. He loves reading books about Jesus and loves praying too. He always asks to pray and talks about how he loves Jesus all the time. It's very sweet. Here he is reading a Veggie Tales Christmas story in October. 

One Friday night, Mark, Brooks, and I went to go register for Baby Urbik with Mal & Bob. Nolan and Heath went to Uncle Brad's football game with Oma & Opa. They would have been WAY bored at Pottery Barn Kids and Babies 'R Us. But we knew it would be too cold to have Brooks at the game that night. So he got lucky and got to tag along with us for the evening. 
We had a great time checking out all the new baby items and playing along the way. 

Waiting for Uncle Flobby to pick out a diaper bag! Ha! 
They did a great job and picked out some fun items! We'll be having a shower in December and then waiting on baby Urbik to come in March! We love having Auntie & Flobby here in Colorado to do all of this fun stuff with! 

Our countdown chain getting smaller and smaller. 

And that's the randomness of our month! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Jill Sloothaak said...

So much goodness in this post!!! Love all of the fun school functions you've had this fall and I LOVE your adorable Disney countdown! I'm sure your boys are crazy about it!! I love Nolan's sweet artwork too!

Hugs to all of you!!