Thursday, October 17, 2013

!!!fun stuff!!!

Here's another mish-mash of a bunch of fun stuff that's been going on around here...

Nolan got to participate in his school's Limo Lunch! He sold enough items and raised enough money for his school during their Fall Fundraiser so he earned this prize! He was so surprised and excited for his first Limo Ride! 
The Kindergarteners ready for their Hummer Limo Ride to Little Ricci's Pizza! 

They were all bursting with excitement and jumping up and down!

I happened to be volunteering in Nolan's class that morning so I got to see him leave school in the limo. He got to leave class 30 minutes early which was super fun for him too! 

Look at his face- sheer joy! All the kids were buzzing around inside of the limo before they settled down into one place. 

His principal went along for the ride! Nolan said his favorite part of the trip was being able to ride without a seatbelt. 

I had to leave to go to work, but Nolan's friend Madisyn's Mom texted me this picture of all the kids waiting outside of the restaurant. Some of the parents met the kids there to help serve the pizza and manage the kids. 

She also sent me this picture of him eating his pizza. He told me that he ate 2 pieces of cheese pizza and got to drink Sprite! A HUGE treat! Our kids don't drink pop...so he thought he was SO special! On the way back to school he got to ride in the black limo. He said it had "fake lightening" that he thought was cool. He headed back to school for the afternoon with a full belly and happy heart! Such a fun day for him. And we are beyond happy with Mammoth Heights and the start of his school career there. 

Women's Group Hand Pie Class...

 My beautiful friend Sarah has started up her own little cooking/baking business- Gourmet Girl to Go! 
She comes into your home, provides all the ingredients, teaches you how to cook/bake, and you get to eat and take home lots of yummy goodies! 
We chose a fall themed Hand Pie class. It was super fun and I scored a delicious home made pie crust recipe. You know, for all the times I bake my own pies. Which as of now, has been NEVER. But I'm planning on putting that recipe to work this holiday season for sure! 

We made Pumpkin Cheesecake, Brie/Berry jam, Salted Caramel Apple, Chocolate Marshmallow, and many combinations of all of those ingredients. They were so yummy! This photo shows my finished products. Pretty. 

Jack Day...
Our good friends Rick & Mandy moved this past weekend. Mark got to help with the heavy lifting all day and we got the pleasure of watching Jack all day! I think we won...for sure! We had so much fun with 4 boys all day! 

We played on every level of the house, took a walk to the park, played ball, played outside, played with every single toy we own, and had a good ol' BOY day! 
Nolan has pretty much mastered the art of pumping! Which makes every Momma and every Teacher SO happy! Every once in awhile he asks me for a push to go higher or a push to get started, but his new found swinging independence is nice. 

All 4 boys swingin' away! 

Boys gone WILD! 

Exploring on our way home. 

Basement play time. 

Playing "ship" on the treadmill. (Yes, of course, it was unplugged and OFF!) 

Fall Break...
AAAAHHHH! Fall Break...how I love you! The boys both have Fall Break this week. It has been so nice to sleep in a bit in the morning, to play, to read, to write & draw, (yes, this teacher mommy has planned a few academic activities to keep my boys learning and practicing when they aren't in school), to watch movies, to go outside, and to BE with my boys each morning this week. 
They sure are silly and have really brightened my mornings this week. We have one more week of school and then I'm on Fall Break. So Halloween week, we'll be enjoying lazy afternoons together. I.CAN'T. WAIT! 

And on a totally different topic. If you live in Douglas County, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE!!! Our schools and teachers and students need your support and a new school board! Vote: Chase, Keim, Hodges, and Scholting! 

And that's it for now! A million and one adorable pictures from Heath's first field trip to the Pumpkin Patch will be coming soon...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! I love how much fun you all have together. :) And I totally enjoyed baking pies with you.