Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Eckabee

"Have you ever wondered how Santa could know if you're naughty or nice each year as you grow? For hundreds of years it's been a big secret. It now can be shared if you promise to keep it.

At holiday time Santa sends me to you. I watch and report on all that you do. My job's an assignment from Santa himself. I am his helper, a friendly scout elf.

The first time I come to the place you call home you quickly must give me a name of my own. "

And what did we name our friendly scout elf: Eckabee! Don't ask us what it means or where it came from. We aren't sure. It's Nolan's favorite make believe word and it's what he wanted to name our Christmas Elf! He says the word all the time and belly laughs like it's the funniest thing he has ever heard. It probably makes it funnier that Mark and I smile and giggle with delight each time we hear him say it: Eckabee!

Each morning we wake up to find where Eckabee is hiding that day. Here are a few pictures of Eckabee watching over our precious sons to report back to Santa if they have been good or been bad.

He has witnessed sweet kisses, fun dance parties, helping hands cleaning up every single toy that had been dumped out on the floor, and good eaters.

However, he has also spotted screaming, swatting, and heard the word "NO!" many times!

Nolan and Heath can tell Eckabee their Christmas wishes. Nolan wants a "ronny" (reindeer) and Heath, well, his mommy wants him to ask for a full nights sleep!

"The final decision with Santa now rests. What do you think? Will he get his request?"

2 comments:

Cara S. said...

Great idea. Can Eckabee come to our house and threaten, I mean watch, our kids year round?! :)

boschkp said...

The elf at Tyler and Alaina's house is called, "Zoom" and the one at the Barker house is called, "Fred". They have all enjoyed the elf! You mom's will have to compare stories sometimes as I am sure there are many!