Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Road Trippin'

This past weekend I flew to Chicago on Friday night, stayed up until 3 o'clock in the morning talking to my oldest dear friend Kerri, woke up early, hopped in the car with my besties from highschool, drove 5 hours to the good ol' town of Oskaloosa Iowa, spent an amazingly fun day with great friends and a new, especially silver one, attended the wedding and reception of my highschool hand holding friend Keith and his stunning new bride Hannah, got down on the dance floor, slept in the immaculate ? Red Carpet Inn (at least we had 2 double beds instead of our usual sleeping arrangements in highschool- 3 girls, 1 twin bed), woke up Sunday morning (early again), drove 5 hours back to Streamwood- thanks for driving Beck, Skyped with Mark and Nolan, had dinner with my family, visited my grandma, baked cookies with my mom, went to bed late, woke up at 3:30 a.m., rode to the airport with Mal, flew out by 6 a.m., arrived in Denver by 7:30, drove home with my boys, jumped in my car, sped to work, worked all day setting up my classroom and planning, left school at 3, went to class until 6, and then FINALLY made it home to cuddle on the couch for an hour and then go to bed! It was fast, furious, and a LOT of fun!

3 comments:

Cara S. said...

Thank you for setting your video to Chris Brown. This is currently my absolute favorite song (I get into hip hop during volleyball season). Looks like you had a whirlwind of a time! We tried to take care of the bachelors at home. :)

Dave and Tara Harris said...

It looked like yall had a blast! You still look as beautiful as I remember you from 'the good 'ole days'!!! You don't look like you even have a baby!!! Glad to see that the fast and furious weekend getaway was well worth it!!! Hopefully you'll get enough rest now that you're back home!!

Jill Sloothaak said...

what a whirlwind! can't wait to chat soon!!