Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Almost 9 months! Wow!

This morning we took Nolan in for his 9 month well check at the pediatrician's office! It was a few days early, but we wanted to take care of it while I am still off track. Today is my last full day at home with Nolan. Tomorrow and Friday I have meetings and then I'm off to Iowa for the weekend for a high school friend's wedding. Mark and Nolan will be on their own! That should be fun and interesting too! I'll fill you in on Monday when I'm back! Then Monday I have a day to work in my classroom and Tuesday the kids come back and we are on track for 9 straight weeks!

I have absolutely LOVED my last 3 weeks at home with Nolan. He is growing and changing so much each day. He is now standing at a coffee table or ottoman, eating turkey and yogurt, practicing his sippy cup, waving, and saying "Ma Ma" and "Da Da" all the time! He is not on the move yet, which is actually nice for us, he will sit and play in the same spot for up to an hour!! However, when on his stomach he can turn in circles, reach for toys, and is starting to push off! He is a very happy boy, despite a few cranky moments- the doctor said all four top teeth are on their way in! Yikes!

So here's the break down of our BIG boy from his appointment today. He is extremely healthy and is meeting all his developmental milestones! He is now 30 1/4 in. long (96%). He is 24 lbs. 7.8 oz. (93%) Woah! (Why aren't my arms more toned?) And his head circumference is 45.1 cm. (50%) He is in the exact same percentile ranges as he was at his 6 month well check!

Now that I'll be back at school I'm sure my posts will be few and far between as I try to keep my head above water. Thanks for checking in!

4 comments:

Dave and Tara Harris said...

WOW! He is a big boy! He is so cute. You are sooo lucky that he isn't moving around much. Kate has been moving non-stop since 6 months and I am exhausted. How fun that you are going away on your own this weekend. That is so good for us moms (although I need to still do that myself! haha. I am just a little worried as to what Dave would do without me....lol) Have a great weekend.

Cara S. said...

You've definitely got a healthy boy on your hands. Good job mom and dad! Have fun at the wedding, I'm sure Mark and Nolan will have fun at home enjoying the new tv! :)

Cara S. said...

We just got back from Brady's 18 month appointment with Tiegs (she told me she saw Brady's cousin yesterday). Brady is 30 lbs. (92%), 35 inches tall (96%) and his head is in the 97%. I guess the Jansen genes produce BIG kids!

Jill Sloothaak said...

LOVE that growing BIG boy...and you too!