Saturday, January 9, 2016

Baby Bunky

My Mom & I threw a baby shower for Mallory, Bob, and "Baby Bunky" in Chicago over Winter Break. I enjoyed a nice weekend away with no kids. My Mom and I watched shows, drank coffee, and did shower prep. I went to Jewel with my Mom & Dad on a Saturday night in search of salad dressing. And we ate all the delicious foods possible! It was super fun and special to make memories with my parents without the boys!

And of course we celebrated the upcoming arrival of new baby Urbik! The theme for  baby boy's nursery is nautical, so we used that for the theme of the shower as well. I got busy on Pinterest way back over Fall Break because with all the birthdays, our Disney trip, and Christmas to plan and prep for, I knew I needed to stay on top of the shower as well. 
I designed and printed the invitations and used this fun washi tape to seal the envelopes. 

My Mom and I got to the Great Room a few hours early to set up and prepare. We make a good team and the Great Room at my parent's church is the perfect place to host a big party. 




And after a few hours of preparation…we were ready to welcome our guests! 




I printed this beautiful verse to use as a decoration. 

Mal & Bob's friends and family chatted for awhile after arriving and then it was time to eat! We did a salad bar. Chicken Cesar, Taco, Spinach, and Chopped Salads! Then my Mom made a fruit salad and Grandma Johnson's Coke Salad as well...it's Mallory's favorite. And we had croissants too. Everything was delicious and we were grateful to our family members who offered to bring a salad to share. 
The Friends Table
The Nobles and Relaz's
Ortho friends
My Mom's friends and Bob's family
The Muellers

After eating…it was time for games! 
All of the shopping items for the Price Is Right Game. 
Ashley Won!

Prizes for the games! 

We also played this fun game. Basically we found out that Mallory wants their baby to look and be just like Bob. Aunt Paula won! 

At each table there were little notes for the guests to fill out with wisdom and words of encouragement for the parents to be as they SAIL into parenthood. Then I rolled them up and put their messages in the bottle. 

After games it was time for gifts! 
We all had Glow Worms when we were little, so this was a MUST! 


My Mom & Dad always buy Golden Books for their grandkids. 

Sandy always uses the most beautiful wrapping! 

The diaper bag…a great gift! 

An Anchor for the nursery from Grandma Urbik. 


Uncle T & Auntie Laura sent this sweet whale blanket.

And Helen made this most special gift. 
Wood burned blocks with the names of EVERY SINGLE family member on both sides. 
These made us laugh and cry as we read each name! What a special gift! 
My Mom and Helen, the block master! 

They received a lot of nice things are are well on their way to being set for Baby Bunky's arrival.

During presents we had dessert.


Mallory's favorite- Red Velvet. 

And we finished off with some group photos before people left. 
Friends.
The beautiful Deering gals. 
Paula & Barb
The Muellers- Christine, Aly, & Olivia all flew in for the shower! That was so sweet! 
Nobles & Relaz'- I forgot to take a picture, but I made little goodie bags for the young ladies at the party- they had gummy sharks, fish, and octopi in them- all blue of course!  

Mallory's Godmother, Pat. 

Abby & Sandy Urbik
They are so excited to welcome their first nephew/grandson into the family! 

The Johnson Family
My Dad came towards the end of the shower to say hi to everyone and to help clean and pack up. 
Grandma & Grandpa are ready for grandson number 4! 

Mama to be with the hostesses! 
Love my sister! 

Mommy & Daddy
One of Mallory's friends drew this on the back of her message to them...
So cute! 

And then there were favors...
The coordinates of Parker, Colorado. 
It was such a fun day and I was so happy to celebrate my newest nephew! 

Later that night I got to hang out with a few of my oldest and dearest friends...
We went to Kerri's house and chatted and got caught up for hours. It was so fun to be able to relax and play with their kiddos because I didn't need to be focused on my own. Love you Kerri & Keith! 

The next day I got to visit the flower shop and give my favorite Soo-ja a hug! Love her and Ik, their shop will always be one of my favorite places to visit. It makes my heart so happy! 

In just over 48 hours I ate all of this! And it was heavenly! 

And while I was out…this was happening at home...
Hans Solo died. He lived a full 3 1/2 years. He was a good little fish and required very little care. Brooks found out first and very matter of factly told his brothers- "Solo no swimming. Solo is DEAD." Nolan of course got teary eyed. And Heath was ready to move on immediately to the next fish. They are so predictable. Ha! We are trying to hold off on having any more pets any time soon. R.I.P. Solo. 

The boys went to see Road Chip and had lunch at Culvers. 

And they cheered on the Broncos. 
They also went to a birthday party/sleepover for Landon. 
They had a great time without me and Mark did a fantastic job keeping the house clean, getting the laundry done, bathing the children, and keeping them alive! Thanks Mark for helping me have a fun weekend away! I knew the kids were in great hands and making such good memories without me. 

1 comment:

Jill Sloothaak said...

You are so great at adding so many special touches to the parties you host. What a special day for Mallory and Bob! I loved reading about all the little details. You didn't miss a thing! It's obvious that Baby Bunky is already SO LOVED!!