Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Back to Life. Back to Reality.

When we got back from Disney World we jumped right into the busyness of what the months of November and December are for our family. This year we decided to add a trip into the mix with 3 birthdays and Christmas!

The fun just never stops around here! This post is a bunch of randoms from the rest of November and early December. 
Life is never dull with this one. 

Or this one...
Did you watch all the way until the end? Whooops! He did it the time before this perfectly, turned the corner and kept speeding down the side walk. Of course when I pull out my phone to video he has a CRASH! Ha! 

Waiting for his brothers in the parking lot after school. What a cutie!

More snow time! 
He's a heartbreaker! 

And this picture just makes me laugh, snow on the ground and short sleeves- such is life in Colorado. 

Brooks packing up his box for Operation Christmas Child. 

Waiting for his Well Child Check at the Doctor's office. 

Heath's Personal Timeline Project. Love the pictures he picked and his sweet writing too! 

Heath went to his friend Jacob's birthday party at Chuck-e-Cheese. 
He had a blast riding rides and playing games with his school friends. 
And he got to meet Chuck-e which is always a HIT! 
Somehow I got the lucky job of taking Heath to the party while Mark got to take Nolan and Brooks to see The Good Dinosaur. After 2 hours of fun I was really ready for my quiet house and bed time! 

Oh the top hats...
Over a year after Uncle T and Auntie Laura's wedding and they still make appearances quite frequently around here! 

MHE Chipotle night! 
Nolan loves his burritos! 
It was funny because as we were eating, Brooks said, "Auntie, Flobby here." And we were all like, "no, no they're not." Because we had not planned to have dinner with them. But coincidentally, they chose to eat at Chipotle that night, not knowing that we were there. And in they came! It was so funny and nice to be able to randomly see them when out to dinner on a school night! 3 months ago, that could never have been the case. 

Mark got free Broncos tickets from his boss. He actually asked me if I would like to go with him. And I actually said YES! Well, up until I saw just how cold it was going to be. Somehow as Sunday approached the predicted temperature kept dropping- 41, 35, 22, 14 degrees. It took everything within me NOT to back out. I was in tears before the game just dreading the cold. Why would anybody choose to sit outside in that weather? (Really, I ask myself why would anybody watch football for 4 hours anyway, no matter the weather?! Ha!) But this crazy chick is crazy for her hubby and I did it for him! Just to make him happy.
Good thing we were able to go into the fancy dining room and eat and have complimentary drinks before and after the game to stay warm! But when it went to OT I really thought I might cry again! And luckily the Broncos beat the Patriots and I had an even happier husband. Mark and his colleagues were thrilled with the outcome. I was just thrilled to have survived! Ha! Fun memories with my husband. Thanks Mal & Bob for watching the boys! 

Next up, Heath's Birthday and Thanksgiving! 

2 comments:

Jill Sloothaak said...

Brrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! That Broncos game! YOU are a rock-star wifey, for sure!! Football AND cold. Major points for you! ;) Love your sweet family and seeing the odds and ends of your day-to-day life! Love you all!!

Sweet Home Colorado said...

You are almost caught up...shower, Christmas & birthdays!