Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Runnin'

The month of September was full of a bunch of FUN RUNS! 

1st up: The Running of the Antelope! 
My class ready to run some laps and raise some money for our great school! 

TEAM JANSEN
I have an awesome parent volunteer who decorated our t-shirts and made us little curly ribbon pins and made us our banner too! (with the help of her son Gordon) I love any excuse to let loose and have fun with my Kindies! 

Next up: The Cherry Creek Fitness Festival! 
Our family's 1st 5k! 

The boys were super excited to get new t-shirts and their first bibs! 

Getting ready to go! We left Brooks at home with Auntie & Flobby so that we could actually run together and not have to worry about pushing a stroller. 

The boys took off right away, but quickly learned that it is better to pace yourself! Ha! 

They paved their own way at times! Ha! 

We slowed down for a breather as we passed the Cherry Creek reservoir. It was a pretty view! 

We ran/jogged/power walked, but never stopped! 

The boys did great and had awesome attitudes! 

Running into the Stutler Bowl! 

It was fun to run with colleagues, friends, and their families too! And fun to help support my school district that I could not be more proud to work for! 

The boys were determined to finish before me, so they took off sprinting the last lap! I love this picture of them nearing the finish line! 

After the race, we enjoyed chatting with friends, sampling yummy foods, winning prizes, and picking up lots of random treasures from all the booths! 
It was a super fun morning together and now we can't wait to run together more often! 

And lastly: The Mammoth Challenge! 
The boys raised enough money for their school to be able to participate in Hat Day, Bubble Gum Day, and DUCT TAPE day! Here is Heath in front of the Principal and Assistant Principal who they helped tape to the front entry of the school! All the kids thought this was super funny! They also earned bandanas to wear during the Fun Run! 

Here they are on the big day: 
I was happy to have conveniently scheduled my yearly thyroid exams on the day of their run so that I could attend! 

Ready to go! 

Heath's teacher tied his bandana around his ankle. He wasn't too thrilled about wearing it, and ditched it to me as soon as he could. 

I ran a lap or two with both of the boys! They didn't really need or want me to. But I love joining them in anything I can! So they had to put up with their crazy Mama a bit this morning. 

Heath and David after their 40 minute run! He ended up running about a mile and a half. Great job Bud! 

I stayed and had lunch with him after his race. It was fun to see him navigate the lunch room and chat with his friends! 

And then he showed me all of his favorite things to do on the playground during recess! 

Next up was Nolan's 2nd Grade run! 

He's an old pro at this now. However, they did have to run immediately after eating lunch. Chicken Nuggets and then running doesn't sound like a good combination to me! But he still did great! Running the exact same amount of laps Heath did! 

He never stopped! 

NO water breaks for him! 

This picture makes me laugh…looks like a power walk! 

I love getting to be a part of these special moments with my boys! I am so proud to be their mom! God has blessed us with healthy bodies! And we hope to honor him in our use of them! 

1 comment:

Jill Sloothaak said...

Lots of fun ways to stay active and have fun this fall! I especially love the principals duct taped to the wall! What good sports! I'm sure all the kids got a kick out of that! And woohoo for a family 5k! We sent Trey running them all summer and the rest of us just sat and watched...ha! Fun memories for your sweet fam!!