Monday, October 15, 2012

Track Off Week 2

I think that I may shed a few tears when this break is over...knowing that it will be my last 3 week track off in the middle of the beautiful month of October. I know that I am SO LUCKY to have this schedule that allows me so much time at home with my kids. And I am so grateful. But a traditional schedule is going to be a rough transition. 

We had such a great week hanging out around the house and with friends! The boys have actually all had runny noses and coughs and haven't been sleeping that awesome, so I'm thankful that I've been off to stay home with them.  Here are some photos...
It is constantly Wrestle Mania around here. The boys are LOVING roughhousing these days! The second Daddy gets home it's time to "WRESTLE!!!!!!!" (said in Heath's adorable voice) It's hard to believe that someday soon Brooks will really be in the mix! 

 Last weekend, the Krauths hosted an Oktoberfest at their house! Ernie is German and thought it would be a fun reason to get everyone together! 
Brooks had the best time being loved on by Mariah and D.J. They sure love him and as most people know, Brooks is a cuddler! He soaked it all up! Mariah and I are both German too, so it was a fun way to celebrate our heritage! 

Prost! 

The boys even got to make their own pretzels! Nolan is a pretzel LOVER so he had a blast with this! He thought his pretzel was super yummy too! 

Last Sunday we went to a birthday party for my friend Heather's 3 little kiddos. Each of her kids is about 3 months older than each of ours, so it has been fun to have them grow up together and for Heather and I to laugh through the craziness of this phase of our life! 

 They had the party at their church which was a great location for so many kiddos. It was a Jake and the Neverland Pirates theme! The boys came sporting their pirate hats and swords from Nolan's 4th birthday party.
They had to search for gold doubloons! 

And they played "Pin the X on the treasure Map". Heath didn't want to be blindfolded so he didn't play. Nolan had fun, but got it on the white wall instead! He was dizzy! Ha! 

Here is Nolan with Jordyn. She just turned 5 but is the tiniest thing! Her sister Raegan turned 3 and their little brother Jacob turned 1! 

While Nolan is at school during the week the little boys and I have been going to the gym to work out, hitting up Target, and running various other errands. On the days we have Ella, we go to the park and do fun crafts! Gotta keep the kids busy and entertained! 

Nolan has been attending TRU at our church on Wednesday nights. It took the place of AWANA this year. It is a great program and he is really learning Bible stories well. They still memorize scripture too, but not quite at the same intense pace of AWANA. I feel like the kids are really deepening their understanding of God and his love for us through this program. I am still teaching on Wednesday nights. So I get to go along with Nolan and help out with the 4 year old small group parts of the night. It is actually a lot of work and I have to study lesson plans before the evening, but it's a fun way to serve and to have special time with just Nolan. 

On Thursday, we ran over to Cara & Wes' house quick to take a look at their t.v. stand that we just bought from them for our basement. Heath made fast friends with Lilly again. It was so cute watching the two of them peeking out the window to watch for Oma and Landon to come up the street to say hello to us. I had to snap a picture! I do not understand his love of cats, but it is precious! Thanks Cara & Wes for the t.v. stand! It looks great! 

Later that night we went to Uncle Brad's football game! The boys had soooooo much fun running around in the stands, cheering for Arapahoe, playing with their cousin Cohen, seeing Oma & Opa & Auntie Jayne and Uncle Brad, listening and dancing to the band, watching the cheerleaders, and eating popcorn! Nolan really loved shouting, "Go, go Arapahoe! Go, go Arapahoe!"

It was a chilly night so we bundled the boys up! Brooks was my little heater for the night. We cuddled and he fell asleep in my arms and kept me nice and toasty! (Which by the way, doesn't he actually really look like our Heater in this picture?)

Arapahoe won, but don't ask me the score. You know how me and any sporting event works, I do more talking than actually watching the game! Ha! But it was a fun night out! 

One more week to go. And this week Nolan is home with us on Fall Break, so it will be so nice to have some extra time with him and to not have to drive back and forth to school each day. We don't have much planned, but I guess I should start checking off some of the dreaded items on my Track Off To Do List. I was real ambitious week one and got all the more fun items done, like decorating and organizing. And I've stayed on top of my laundry and I've actually been cooking quite a bit. But for some reason "Clean the Showers and Tile Floors" just seems to stay at the bottom of the list! 

2 comments:

Jill Sloothaak said...

My shower is proof that that job is ALWAYS at the bottom of my list. BOO! Looks like you are having a WONDERFUL track off! Wish Trey could join in on Wrestle Mania and Rowie could enjoy arts and crafts with you! And I wish that I could join you on your trips to Target and the park! Miss you!!

Cara S. said...

Glad the entertainment center works! We are glad you could use it :)