Monday, October 15, 2012

nature walk

On Sunday evening the weather was perfect! So we decided to head down to some trails nearby and take a little nature walk with the boys. 

They both LOVE exploring and we had such a nice time! 

We saw prairie dogs all over. They make the funniest little squeaky barking noises. It was neat to watch them pop up out of their holes, scurry around, and signal to each other. 

Heath was trying to NOT walk on his shadow. Ha! He wasn't very successful. 

The trees were gorgeous shades of yellow. We don't quite have the variety of colors here in Parker like I grew up with in Illinois, but the leaves were beautiful none the less. 


We had a great time blazing our own trails. 



The lighting was amazing. I am no professional photographer, but this evening I was wishing I was. And I was wishing I knew how to really use my camera. I just kept trying different settings and different angles. I ended up with a lot of great shots, but some are too dark and some are too light, and when the lighting was actually perfect- no one was looking at the camera! Ha! Such is my life with three little boys. But here are some of my favs...






Brooks was actually a great subject...when he wasn't shoving leaves and twigs into his mouth! 





Nolan didn't stop the entire time. He made some great discoveries, picked up big sticks, tossed rocks, stomped through tall grass, and came out dirty, scraped, and smiling ear to ear. 








Oh, the faces! Just love 'em! 




Can you see the baby in the picture? He's there, but the tree is just so awesome! 




Like with most things, Heath has a love/hate relationship with the camera. About an hour into our walk he decided he was ready to smile! I'm so glad he did. 

Heading out of the trees...

and back to real life. I'm so glad that we decided to take some time out to be together in God's beautiful creation. I just love fall! 

2 comments:

Cara S. said...

What fun! I love this time of year (minus the craziness of volleyball :)) I wish I knew my camera better too. Maybe we should look for a one day class or something. Or have our sis-in-law give us lessons!

Jayne Shatto said...

Such sweet pictures! All 3 of your boys are looking so much older- and all so handsome! Such a beautiful family!