Wednesday, November 3, 2010

DIY

So last Friday night I was having a Skype date with my bestie Jill and she introduced me to a whole new world of blog stalking! Mark does not think that I need any more blogs to lurk in, but unlike my usual linking from one cute family to the next, at least my new found fun has some productivity attached to it.

I quickly became obsessed with blogs dedicated to DIY projects: (Do It Yourself). And let me tell you, there are so many adorable, crafty, budget conscious, and creative ladies out there! I was so inspired! I ended up staying up until 1:30 a.m. reading, thinking, dreaming, and creating! And here's what I came up with to spice up our empty basement walls!

This is the wall going down to our basement. Since we finished it last November it has been empty...now it has life! And it was was cheap and easy to do!

My first late night project. I got the letters from Flickr and put them into Power Point, sized them, and printed it out on photo paper! Then all I had to do was buy a frame at Walmart!

Love this free printable "Subway Art". I printed it on photo paper, mounted it on burlap with little black pins, matted & framed it. I just love what it says!

And this is the wall down in the play area of the basement. I had already framed a few of Nolan's masterpieces from Abrakadoodle class and then I just added this simple frame of things to remember when having fun with friends!

As a Mom & Teacher these are all important practices that I use on a daily basis!

And to site my favorite source: www.endlesscrafting.blogspot.com
It feels so good to do something creative, to refresh your decor, and to do it all on a very small budget! Happy crafting!

3 comments:

Jill Sloothaak said...

Look at you, you crafty little thing! Everything turned out so cute! I'm ironing out some glitches with my big name poster, but hopefully will be able to get it up soon! Hugs!

Cara S. said...

I agree with Jill, all of the projects look great! Thanks for sharing the idea, I'm excited to put up Landon's name in the nursery...

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

Your wall looks great! I am so glad you like the printables!