Friday, November 12, 2010

Can it be?

Can it be that I am already thinking about Christmas? Yes! I have already bought a few gifts and some stocking stuffers for the boys! I have NEVER begun shopping this early. There is just something about busy stores, running around last minute, and all of the hustle and bustle of December that I usually love! But this year with 2 boys, and 2 birthdays in the midst of Christmas busyness...for my own sanity I needed to start early! And this year, being back on D Track at school I will teach 3 weeks in December! I was spoiled teaching on A Track for the past few years and having off from Thanksgiving Break through the New Year! And add to that traveling to Chicago for Christmas...I'm just a TAD busy for the next 2 months! But LOVING every second of it!

There's just something about Christmas with your own kids that makes it that much more magical! I love all of the traditions: cutting down the tree, decorating it, our Elf on the Shelf: Eckabee, baking cookies and decorating them, shopping for the perfect present, wrapping gifts, being with my family, the Pickle Ornament, and CHRISTMAS CARDS! I love the creativity that goes into designing them and I L-O-V-E cards and REAL mail!

I recently heard about this great offer from Shutterfly where bloggers can receive 50 FREE Christmas Cards just for blogging about their favorite designs that Shutterfly has to offer this Holiday Season! What a fun promotion...something FREE during this time of year...I'll take it!

So here are a few of my favorites...one may or may not be the one we choose...we might just want to add a little surprise to your mailbox! (My blog is cutting them off a bit, so be sure to click on the links to see them in all their jolly glory!)

Last year since I had JUST had Heath, I did not want a current photo of my self in all my post birth, flabby, breast feeding glory. So 3 separate pictures of Mark & I, Nolan, and tiny Heath just worked. So, this year I think we are going to do just 1 family photo. I like this card because it is classic, simple, and you can choose your own text and font! I love a good font...so that appeals to me! I also like how the photo is framed!

This one is a top choice for some of the same reasons- clean, and traditional. And if you have 1 great photo this Snowflake Design Christmas card will be perfect! And the little snowflakes on top of the picture are so stinkin' cute!

And one more just for fun: Merry Christmas

I am really gravitating towards cards this year that have large photo options. I also like that the text will layer on top of the photo, just like the snowflakes above. I think that this card would look great with a black & white photo as well! I did black & white last year, so I am leaning towards color this year, and who wouldn't want to see my boys bright blue eyes anyways. But for a black & white option- this one is FAB!

So can you tell my style? I think so...they all look similiar, yet so different at the same time! I still don't have a photo at this point. So I will need to tackle that first. But then on to the joy of creating the perfect card! Shutterfly has so many designs, creative, modern, and beautiful! And they are FAST! I love that! I love opening up the orange envelope with excitement and never being disappointed by the luster, clarity, and color of my photos!

And with that...maybe I've inspired you to get into the Christmas spirit early, or maybe you just think I'm crazy for spreading Holiday joy before Thanksgiving! Either way, I bet you will be excited to see our Christmas Card in your mailbox in just a few short weeks!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Love all your Christmas card options! AND--thanks for telling about the free cards! Whatever you pick will be wonderful--especially with your cute family!

Anonymous said...

Since you are coming on the 23rd, guess our cards will be after Christmas for the 3rd year in a row...but it is worth getting the boys in real time, not 6 months ago. Love you!