Thursday, August 19, 2010

i heart year round schools!

To most people Year Round Schools seem foreign, odd, crazy, unattractive, confusing, etc. etc. etc. But to me, they are absolutely heaven!

I love having time off all throughout the year. I love being able to enjoy a break with my kids during every season. I love getting a much needed vacation every time I feel I need one. I love never working more than 9 weeks straight and also having a day off here or there in those long stretches!

I know...I'm spoiled!

And here I am, once again, at another glorious track off! I've already taught 6 weeks of this school year. My class has settled in, figured out the routines, and is learning a lot! And now we get to enjoy the last 3 weeks of summer at home with our families!

Here are some pics from my first week off!

We've spent a lot of time with family! Dinners at our house, playing at the pool, softball, and sleepovers!

Nolan and Brady had their first official sleep over! They actually slept in the same room all night! Brady on the top bunk, Nolan on the bottom! The ground rules were set: Brady- no climbing down! Nolan- no talking! They had a blast waking up and playing together all day! Here's a glimpse at some of the fun that occurred!

This boy had oh so much fun!

He LOVES our lazy summer days!

And is becoming the silliest little boy! He has a goofy sense of humor, is witty, and sharp!

And, I may be biased, but isn't he just the cutest thing ever?!

The boys splashing in the back yard!

Heath is our little fish! He LOVES the water!

Nolan learned a new game- Uno! He recognizes and names a lot of numbers now!

And this wild man's hair got so long...

that we gave him his very first hair cut! Mark used a scissors to tame the craziness! No more wings!

And to think, all this fun in just our first days off! 2 1/2 more weeks- bring it on!

2 comments:

Cara S. said...

Thanks again for watching Brady, he had a blast! Love the nakie pic...nice tan lines boys :)

Dave and Tara Harris said...

Those are great! And no, you are not biased! Your boys ARE adorable!!!! The year round school does sound awesome! If I was a teacher, I think I would move somewhere that had year round school!!! :)