Monday, August 23, 2010

Following in Grandpa's Footsteps

Last night took a spur of the moment family outing...and it was so fun! And so good to do something all together as our family of 4! We went bowling!

My Dad has been in our church bowling league for as long as I can remember. We grew up going to bowling with him once a week, running around the alley, playing locker tag, and video games. However, I myself have never been stellar at this "sport?"! I even took bowling class in college with my bestie, Jill, one Interim. And although it was a great time, (anything is when you are with Jill), and I acquired my pretty sweet bowling name- Marge, I did not make much progress in my game. Even after an entire month of lessons, I was happy with a score in the 80's. I'm just not consistent, my hips turn, my wrist twists, and that darn ball just seems to be drawn to the gutter!

Last night, I actually did pretty well compared to my usual showing, but maybe Nolan will have to follow in his grandpa's footsteps since I, clearly, did not!

Bowling his first frame!

Carefully watching the ball go down the lane.

Heath wanted in on the junk food action! Nolan had a soft pretzel and some chicken fingers. Heath gummed on a hunk of his pretzel and was in heaven!

Nolan loved pushing the ball down the ramp!

High fives for a great roll! Strike!

Heath wanted to check things out too!

He liked the colorful balls and the blowing air hand dryer thing!

Rolling the ball without the ramp...it took awhile to get there, but he actually got a strike this way once!

Our final scores:
Nolan- 1st Game: 101, 2nd Game: 114
Marge- 1st Game: 103, 2nd Game: 82
Striker (a.k.a Mark)- 1st Game: 134, 2nd Game: 143

Carrying his pink ball and putting it away! The lightest 7 lb. balls were all pink. He wasn't so happy about this color and instead decided to use every color ball he could find. In the end he used pink, red, yellow, orange, and green balls!

As Nolan is getting older it is so fun to be able have all of these new experiences with him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll have to go bowling at Christmas...maybe for his birthday!