Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Winner, Winner, Cheesesteak Dinner!

Last month our college pal Pat called to offer me a friendly wager. It was the race to the Stanley Cup for two teams- Pat's Philadelphia Flyers and my home team the Chicago Blackhawks.

His first suggestion for our bet was that if the Flyers won we would have to name our next child: Pat or Patricia. And if the Blackhawks won, he would then have to bestow his first born daughter with my namesake- Abigail. I wasn't too sure I wanted to take that risk- being that I'm not the hugest hockey fan, Patricia just didn't seem worth it!

So instead, we bet on the next best thing- FOOD! Pat would receive Chicago style pizza or Italian beef if the Flyers took home the cup. And we would be chowing down on Philly cheesesteaks if the Blackhawks pulled out a win!

Lucky for us...THE BLACKHAWKS WON!


And we enjoyed some delicious cheesesteaks to celebrate! Thanks Pat!!!

1 comment:

Cara S. said...

Nice. I've never had an actual philly cheesesteak. I'm sure they're amazing, even when sent through the mail!