Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day...

My Mother's Day did not quite go as planned...

We had been talking for weeks and weeks about our day of fun at the zoo on Mother's Day. Nolan asked me everyday prior, "Mama take me to the zoo today?" To which I would reply: "We're going to the zoo on Mother's Day." When asked what our plans would be on Mother's Day, Nolan would quickly say, "Mama's taking us to the zoo tomorrow!" He learned that from the oh so famous Raffi song! (Thanks Momela!) Or he would say, "We go to zoo on Mother's Day. Me go too?". Too bad from about 11:45 p.m. Saturday night to 6 a.m. Sunday morning Heath slept his longest stretch of about 2 hours and cried, screamed, and could not get comfortable the rest of the night. He was running a high fever which threw off all of our plans! No BBQ and Zoo for us!

However, the boys had sent me flowers earlier in the week which had just started to bloom that morning. Mark made me breakfast in bed-complete with a yummy smoothie, which I tried to eat while reading books in bed to N.B.J. and taking a rectal temperature of my little dude at the same time! I sure felt like a mommy that morning-what a glamorous life! But they did get me such fun gifts too- a Starbucks gift card, an eco-friendly coffee mug, and the Glee soundtrack on i-tunes! So despite my day stuck inside while the weather outside was sunny and in the 70's...I was right where I wanted to be- with my adorable boys.

My beautiful alstromeria! (One of my favorites- it reminds me of my days at Streamwood Florist and my dear friend Kerri Liu!)

My hunka, hunka, BURNING love! Heath and I spent the day snuggling on the couch, cooling down with wet washcloths, sucking down Motrin, drinking milk, and watching 90210! I can't even tell you how many episodes I watched, but I put a pretty big dent into my Season 8 DVD's!

Nolan was a trooper and was just as happy to run to "Sing Koopers" for a cookie and Motrin with his Mommy & to spend all afternoon with his Daddy and cousins at Oma Bosch's house instead of going to the zoo! (AFTER I promised him we'd take him next weekend and tried not to bring the subject up.) Here he is in his room later that night. He is my little smartie pants! He has just about every book we own practically memorized! And he'll sit and read to himself for a long time!

Here's my amazing hubby- to which I owe the honor of making me a mommy! He is so thoughtful and the best daddy to our boys! When Mark and Nolan came home, we ate left overs, read books, cuddled, skyped my awesome Bing Bong, and watched more 90210!

And really, I'm not sure which was the better plan- a busy day of visiting, walking, smelly poop, and furry creatures, OR a relaxing day on the couch with my adorable second and my BFF's: Brandon, Kelly, Donna, David, Steve, and Val?

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Jill Sloothaak said...

So glad that you had such a great day even though it wasn't like you had planned! You're right....that's the life of a mommy!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Someday we will spend Mother's Day together!
Love, Bing Bong