Monday, May 10, 2010

My Monster-in-law is 60!

To most the term "Monster-in-law" would bring visions of the overbearing, intrusive, possessive, Mother of your husband. But to me...it's a term of endearment! I am blessed to have a wonderful Mother-in-law! And jokingly and lovingly I've coined her my "Monster-in-law". When actually, she's just the opposite!

I don't have my mom here in Colorado...which is just the worst! We try everyday to convince my parents to move here. And every year, they get a little bit closer! So, in the mean time, while waiting, (not so patiently), for my Mother to get her bootie out here, Barbie has helped fill just a little bit of the void of this Motherly roll. She watches the boys, makes us lunch, throws a mean impromptu Happy Hour, reminds us of important events, and loves us just the right amount!

And this past weekend we had the honor of hosting her 60th birthday at our house! We had a blast with the whole Jansen fam! And we hope that she felt so loved and honored on her big day! She deserved a day to be all about her!

Welcome to Barbie's birthday bash!

The birthday girl was the first to eat!

almost the whole group out on the deck...too bad it wasn't warmer!

Auntie Sue snuggling with my little guy...just hours before he started running a high fever and keeping us up all night...who would have known?!

big boys eating manicotti on the deck

playing a friendly game of Bags

helping open up her gift- a purse all ready to go for a fun night on the town: a dinner gift certificate & Rockies tickets, and she already has the HOT date!

reading- Oma's ABC's...a book all the big kids helped write for Oma to read to the little kids at her "daycare"!

the cousins playing in Nolan's room! They sure LOVE each other SO much!

Oma's favorite- carrot cake!

"Monster-in-law", thank you so much for all you do for us! Here's to a future full of fun, relaxation, and more grand babies! We love you!

1 comment:

Barb J. said...

Thank you for the kind words and also for the amazing 60th party! So fun and I was and am very spoiled andalso blessed. Thanks to all my kids and grandkids for making it so special...looking forward to my hot date!