Sunday, August 9, 2009

Party Like it's 1999!

10 years ago...The Backstreet Boys blared in my Mercury Topaz as I drove to Streamwood High each morning. Today...'Hey Diddle Diddle' seems to be the tune Nolan and I jam out to in our glorified mini van, on the way to the grocery store.

Back then I worried about what I was wearing to Prom or how I could get out of going to Japanese class that week.  Fast forward 10 years and I'm fretting over...did I pack enough diapers and why didn't he poop today? 

10 years ago I dreamed of my awesome dorm room at Calvin and all the hot boys I would meet there! And today I sit picturing our finished basement and thinking of ideas for new baby boy's bedroom! 

My how life has changed! But yet, fun, challenging, and sweet in both phases!

This past weekend Nolan and I traveled back to Streamwood for 4 days so that I could attend my 10 year Highschool Reunion! What a great excuse to spend time with my family and friends in the area! Here are some pictures from our busy week! We had a blast! 

Nolan playing with my old Fisher Price Little People! He loves putting all the people in the cars and playing with the 25 year old air plane! 

Nolan has a good ol' time when Auntie Mal gives him baths! 


Playing beanie babies with Grandpa! 

Nolan discovered his new love for whole peaches! He'll eat them down to the pit! 

Our friends, the Sloothaaks, drove down from Zeeland, Michigan to spend a rainy day with us! 
We hit up the Looney Tunes play land at Woodfield Mall to keep us busy on a wet morning! Nolan had just a little bit of fun as you can see from the above picture! 

Nolan and Trey are 9 months apart and have so much fun chasing and tackling each other now that Nolan can run! Here's a few pictures from their few and far between quiet moments together! 


My old crew at our reunion! Kerri, Don, Keith, Becky, and I! It was so good to be back together. It's crazy that we are all now married or engaged and between us have a 3 year old, 19 month old, a baby due any day, and dreams of future bundles in the months to come! We are so blessed to still have each other to love and support throughout the years! 

Cuddling with Auntie Mal after a busy day on the run! Nolan loves watching movies with her! 

Nolan's first ICEE at Target with Grandma. He sucked it right down and had red lips to show for it! (Notice the Cubs hat- we were rooting hard for them in the Rockies-Cubs wrap around this weekend!)

Dinner and yummy ice cream at Colonial! 

Visiting with Great Grandma V.E.E.H.M.M.S. (Verna Edna Emma "Hamburger" Maleske Mueller Swanberg- what a name!) 

Nolan LOVED my parents cats! He looked for them the second he woke up and searched the house for them multiple times a day saying "Where'd they go?" over and over again until he spotted one! 

Through plane rides, many visitors and car trips, lots of restaurants, and late nights, Nolan did amazing! He is such an easy going boy and loves exploring his world! Thanks family for a wonderful stay! Can't wait to see you in December! Skype ya soon! 

4 comments:

Dave and Tara Harris said...

I LOVE your little poem about the difference from now and 10 years ago!!! I just smile thinking the same thing!!! Man, how times change! How neat for you to go back for your HS reunion! I don't know when ours is?!?! I don't remember hearing anything about it. And I don't think I would really go back anyways!!! Glad to see that yall had a fun trip!

Cara S. said...

Glad you had a great trip, what fun pics! Nolan looks super cute with his new hair cut...he definitely looks older.

Grammy Pammy said...

The cats didn't leave my side all day..."Finally, that little boy is gone!" Love you and miss you!

B and B said...

nolan is looking so much older all of a sudden... it must be all that walking/running he's doing now! :)