Friday, March 7, 2014

Baby girl Leensvaart

Two weekends ago I hosted a dinner party/baby shower for my good friend Mandy who is expecting a baby girl in April! Two years ago, Mandy and I were both pregnant and had our baby boys, Jack & Brooks, just 2 days apart. I was THRILLED to be able to throw her a special event to celebrate the birth of her second child, and I was THRILLED that this time I was NOT PREGNANT as well! We are all so exited to have another little GIRL in the mix! I just go crazy for all things girly since I live in a world of blue and weapons and balls and wrestling and Nikes. 

Mandy is preparing a perfectly girly, pink & green, whimsical, woodsy nursery for this little girl. So I went with that theme for the shower. 

I obviously erased my address and contact info from the invite I created, but you get the jist. I was diggin' the simplicity and the bakers twine. I totally forgot to take a pic of the envelope. But it was super cute. I just hand addressed them with fun print and I used washi tape to jazz them up a bit. This was my first time using washi tape, but the print was super fun and it added a little flare! 

I found these free prints online to help decorate the dining room. 

If you look closely you can read the words to this song I love- "Make You Feel My Love". I love this song especially in the movie Hope Floats



I re-did my chalkboard with another quote I love and knew Mandy would too! She will be a strong woman just like her Mommy! 

A little greeting at the door...

Since this is their second baby they just need a few new things and some fun GIRLY gear too. So I just picked up some pink pacis, onesies, a cute hat, and owl washcloths for her. But in our group of friends we like to celebrate each special baby that comes along and we like to spoil the Mama a bit too! 


I decorated and set the table with a few cute touches- moss, owls, fun straws... 

If you zoom in to read the sign in the above photo, you will see that each lady got to take their labeled wine glass home with them as a favor at the end of the night. 

Along with their chalkboard wine glasses, each guest took home a little sweet treat as well. 
No baking on my part. Just some cute as a button, soft, pink iced sugar cookies that I got from the bakery at King Soopers. Easy. 

And speaking of sweets...
I picked up a chocolate chocolate chip Nothing Bundt Cake as well. A FAV!!! For sure. 

Along with water, and wine, we also had pink lemonade. I bought these little chalkboards at Michaels. They were a great purchase because I will be able to use them over and over again for different parties. I added the washi tape to dress them up a bit. 

A few pretty decorations in the kitchen. Burlap and babies breath. 

And here are all the lovely ladies (except me). 
I had bread/oil/vinegar and caprese skewers as appetizers. And I baked a lasagna and garlic bread for dinner. 

Before we ate we each went around and read a Bible verse to bless Mandy and little girl. 
Then we ate and chatted and laughed and had a great time being together. 

After dinner we played one quick game…
We concluded that Mandy mainly wants baby girl to be like HER! Ha! But what Mama wouldn't want her baby girl to be just like her! 

I technically won the game! Ha! I got 8 out of 10 answers correct. But since the hostess can't win her own game...Mandy's Mom came away with the real win and a mini bundt cake as a prize! 

Then it was time for gifts! 

Love this adorable 31 bag full of all things girly! 

Ruffles! Who can resist?! 

And she got her crib bedding from her Moms. So cute! 

We finished the night with cake and we celebrated Mandy's birthday as well. It was the next day. 

I'm so thankful for this group of girls. Our husbands were all high school best friends. And now as adults, us wives are best friends too! I love that we all come from different walks of life, different states, different careers, different passions, but we all come together because we love our husbands and we love Jesus! We laugh and cry together. We love each others children. We pray for and support each other. It's the best. I'm a girls' girl. No doubt about it! 

Here is Mandy with Rick's mom on the left and her Mom on the right. Her Mom, Carole, flew in from Ohio just for this special day! 

I sure love to throw a party. I love every last little detail. It's a hobby of mine. I love to be creative and crafty…if only I could get paid for it! And it sure helped that my awesome hubby surprised me by taking a half day at work to clean the house for me- that part I do not like! Ha! He's amazing!

 But I especially love to throw parties for the people that I love! Rick, Mandy, Jack, and this baby girl are so near and dear to our hearts. We so value their friendship and fun! And now we just wait for the arrival of baby girl in April! I can't wait to find out her name and to snuggle a little tiny that I can pass right on back to her parents at the end of the night! :) Congrats Leensvaarts! We pray that God will watch over you and protect you as you deliver this little girl. And we pray that she will be strong, courageous, full of spirit, and love. We pray she is humble and gentle. We pray that she will be a light in this world. And we pray that she loves God with her whole heart. Love you guys! 

4 comments:

Jill Sloothaak said...

So many sweet touches here, Abbs. I love the owl prints that you hung on the wall, and the fun favors, and the yummy bundt cake! A fun celebration for a loved little girl!!

Kati Hart said...

Your craftiness shines through in party planning!!! All the little chalkboard details are so cute. And "woo" ever thought owls would be a popular nursery theme?

Kim said...

What?! Nothing about the drunk neighbor lady at the end of the night!! That was my highlight!!! ;)

Unknown said...

Awww . . . a beautiful post and an even more amazing shower!!! I felt so loved. Thank you friend for all your efforts for such a special celebration. You are the BEST!