Wednesday, October 14, 2009

SURPRISE!

It was just another Thursday, Nolan and I played all day, we watched Jax, I went to Women's Group. Around 10 o'clock p.m. I walked back in the door after catching up with the girls and found Mark waiting for me at the entryway. He had been saying all day that he had a surprise for me, and now was my time to cash in! As I turned the corner into the living room, there was my MOM!!! We're not really sure what I said- I think I was speechless and then said something like "What are you doing here!" I ran to give her a hug and seconds later my sister came bounding down the stairs! "AAAHHHHH!" Seeing my mom was awesome, but an even bigger surprise was that my sister got her booty on a plane to come see me!

I guess their flight was delayed and they only pulled in the driveway about 1 minute before I did that night! Close call! But great that it all worked out!

We stayed up late that night talking about all their plans and how they pulled the whole thing off without me even having a clue! I did think it was weird when earlier in the week Mark was cleaning the guest bathroom toilet and telling me I should get some more shampoo and conditioner for that shower- you know, because my parents would be here in December, we should clean now and I better run out and stock up because there would be no other time to do it! Mark is so smooth! But really, I had NO IDEA!

We spent the weekend playing with Nolan, shopping, baking, cooking, and trying to stay warm! It was a cold and frosty weekend! But best of all it was just SO wonderful to have some good girl time and extra help with Nolan! I am so thankful to have such a close, loving, fun, and supportive family!

Nolan absolutely ADORES them and is still looking around the house for them saying "Auntie? Auntie? Gamma? Gamma?". He now wants to play the "Stinky Sock" game all the time- throwing his socks at me, screaming "yucky", and laughing hysterically- thanks Auntie Mal for that fun game! And he LOVES the "coo koos" grandma taught him how to bake!

Great memories were made. Thanks Momela and Sister for spending your Columbus Day weekend with us! We LOVE you!


3 comments:

Cara S. said...

Glad you had a fun suprise weekend! Mark told us a long time ago and we couldn't wait to hear about your reaction...hope all is well and that little baby is growing big :)

Anonymous said...

Again, you made me cry. It was a great weekend...ate too much, laughed until we cried, and lost at the game of Life. Maybe college isn't such a good idea.
Love you lots,
Gamma

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend suprise! Glad you had a wonderful time. Nolan is one lucky little guy!

Peg