Thursday, September 3, 2009

Spoiled Rotten

Yesterday was my birthday, but for the past week I have been nothing but SPOILED ROTTEN by so many friends and family members! Dinner at P.F. Changs with my Women's Group, a pool day and lunch at Qdoba with my small group girls, taco feast and D.Q. ice cream cake with Mark's fam, Tokyo Joe's lunch and a way cool CAT card from my school pals (they know just how much I LOVE animals!), and a day of love from my boys at home! I got so many phone calls, Facebook messages, and gifts in the mail. And even got to "see" my family last night through Skype! Here are a few pics from the festivities along the way! Thanks so much to everyone who helped make my day so special! 

Celebrating my birthday the night of the Bears-Broncos game. The cousins each wore their favorite team gear! (I won this jersey battle against Mark because it was MY special day!) The Bears proved to win one for me that night! 

Nolan LOVED singing Happy Birthday to his mommy! He loves music! 

I got to spend the actual day with these 2 adorable boys! Nolan and his buddy Jax. Jax's mom and I job share our 1st grade classroom and help watch each others boys on our days off. 

Nolan had a blast with the balloons Mark blew up to decorate. 

My birthday chair- Happy 28th Birthday from all your Chicago Favorites! Ever since we were little my family has had the tradition of a birthday chair. The family decorates a special chair in some creative theme and then the birthday girl or boy sits in the chair to open up their presents! Mark hasn't always embraced this tradition but in the end always comes up with something creative! 

He even surprised me that night by having my favorite Chicago Style Pizza delivered- Lou Malnati's! 

Somebody does really like me! 

My fun new gift from Mark and Nolan- a Canon Rebel xsi! 

Nolan and I took a shot together before Mark and I went out to a movie! It was so nice to have a night out together! Thanks Oma and Opa for watching N.B.J.!

3 comments:

Dave and Tara Harris said...

Oh wow! You sure are loved! Happy belated birthday! I can't believe how big Nolan looks now~ and you look great! I love the birthday chair! And Mark sure did good this year! Lou's, new camera, balloons and decorated chair?!?! Man, I need to show this post to Dave and give him some hints for my birthday!!! lol Glad that you had a special birthday!

Grammy Pammy said...

Nice to see there are photos of you with Nolan...you are usually taking them. Love you!

Cara S. said...

Mark told us he got you the camera. Cool! That's the same one I have. You're going to LOVE it. Glad you had a good birthday week and we look forward to hangin' with you at the cabin this weekend.