Monday, May 18, 2009

Howdy!

We spent the weekend in College Station Texas celebrating my brother's graduation from Texas A&M University! He received his doctorate in Political Science! It was so fun to see his life there, to visit his office next to the Bush Presidential Library, to take a tour of the campus & learn all of it's traditions, and to spend great family time!! 

The weather was HOT the first few days but a storm blew in and cooled things down a bit for Saturday afternoon through Sunday! Mark was very happy to see some clouds so that he wasn't dripping in sweat constantly. The air conditioning was never cool enough and he always seemed to have too many clothes on! I told him to quit complaining because he wasn't the one having to wear a suit, robe, and velvet collar in 90 degree weather! 

We are so proud of my brother and his hard work! He'll be teaching two classes at A&M this June and then will be off to teach at the University of Oklahoma in August. Somewhere in between we are hoping for a visit from him here in Colorado! Nolan loves Uncle T.'s funny faces and silly voices! 

Here are a bunch of my favorite pics from the weekend! I would have loved to make a video from all of our adventures, but school is closing in on me, my To-Do list is way too long, and Mark worked tonight! So posting a few pics is much quicker and does the trick! 

Gig 'em! Whoop! 

Dr. Tyler Charles Johnson 

Nolan loves other people's hats...so Tyler's "Martin Luther" hat was a hit! 

Playing in the hotel pool. 
Nolan in his surfer dude swim gear. 

In front of the "12th Man" statue at Kyle Field. 

At my brother's office building- the statue has pieces from the Berlin Wall- pretty neat! 

Dinner at the Dixie Chicken- a very cool restaurant/bar with good grub, pool tables, and dominos at your table. 

Cuddling with Uncle T. at his apartment

My blue eyed boy lookin' studly! 

Saying goodbye to Texas! 



2 comments:

Cara S. said...

Congrats to Tyler and your whole family! Tell Tyler he is probably the smartest person I know :)

Dave and Tara Harris said...

How fun!! I can't believe you were sooo close to me and we had no time to meet up! But it looks like yall were busy having fun!! Tell your brother CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an honor! Isn't it miserable down here when it's hot? I HATE the summer weather here!!! I love everything else about Texas, BUT that!!! :) Nolan is absolutely beautiful! He has such gorgeous eyes! Glad that yall had a nice visit down here! Hope to see you soon!