Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Weekend

Busy, busy, busy! My parents picked us up late Saturday morning and took us up to Whitehall for the weekend. We had a blast hanging out with all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and my grandma for the evening. We always have plenty of laughs and good times getting caught up. It was nice being together on this weekend in particular because it was 8 years ago today that my grandpa passed away. He was an amazing man, a wonderful servant, and loving grandfather. He held the family together and valued building special relationships with each grand child. I still occasionally buy Captain Crunch cereal just because he always bought it for us when we were little. It brings back good memories when I eat it! 

This morning we went to church and then headed back out to Zeeland. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed playing with the boys outside, grilling steaks for dinner, and even going out for ice cream for dessert!

Tomorrow we are visiting with one more Giddings girl in the morning, swinging by Meijer for a bath tub xylophone (Nolan's favorite new toy), and then taking the boys to play at the mall playground. It will be our last full day in Michigan so we'll be making the most of every last second and starting to pack up a bit. I posted a few pictures below from our weekend. Enjoy! 

Hanging out with Great Grandma Johnson! 

Nolan loved having some Grandma and Grandpa time! He'll get to spend the whole week with my mom next week when she comes out to Denver for her Spring Break. She'll see Grandpa again in May for Uncle T.'s graduation from Texas A&M! By the way, we want to say a HUGE congrats to my brother who just finished and defended his doctoral dissertation! Doctor Johnson we are PROUD of you! 
 


Showing Rowie some love! 

2 comments:

Dave and Tara Harris said...

So cute! I loved seeing your parents in the picture too! They look exactly the same as I remember them!!!! They look like they are thoroughly enjoying being grandparents!!! Glad to hear that your trip went well!!!

Gwen said...

HI Abs!
I checked out the pictures of Nolan and they turned out great! My favorite is the first one where he's looking out the window. Look at those blue eyes! Glad you're having so much fun.

Gwen