Sunday, November 30, 2008

blessed


This year more than ever have we felt so incredibly blessed! Nolan has brought such joy to our lives. And over this Thanksgiving weekend we have had a lot of time to relax, spend time as a family, and reflect on all of our blessings. We were visited by my brother Tyler for the holiday and have spent the past few days watching a lot of football, eating good food, and trying to stay warm! I'm sitting here now in my cozy family room with my 10 foot Christmas tree glowing and the Bears game mumbling in the background reflecting on all that I am thankful for.
Here's just a few:

* My funny, handsome, and self-sacrificing husband. Thank you for giving up your Sunday's of football for shopping and outings with Nolan. You make us feel so loved and important!

* NBJ. He's happy, silly, and so dang cute! Even when he's screaming. (Side Note: We found out all the shrieking was because not only is Nolan getting in all four top teeth, but he also has a double ear infection! So now I am also thankful for Amoxicillin.)

* Family- near and far. We have learned so much from all of you about love, faith, and fun! Thank you for your support, encouragement, and so many good times!

*Friends: Mark and I both still have close relationships with our friends from high school and college. We have been blessed by lasting friendships with those who truly know our hearts. We are so thankful to have people to talk to, laugh with, and lean on.

* Our church and Small Group...we love having a place to go to be challenged and fed, to learn more about God and to serve others. We enjoy worshiping, serving, and having a caring place for Nolan to grow up to learn about Jesus.

* I could go on and on...our jobs, our house, our day care provider, etc. etc. etc. But I'll stop there for now. But, oh, one more thing...I am so thankful that I have the next 5 weeks off!

I can't wait to sleep in, chill at home with Nolan, run errands during the day, have time to bake Christmas cookies, go Christmas shopping, and have a few night outs with Mark! I'll be able to blog a lot more and keep you up to date on all of our busy-ness!

Check out our video below to see all of our adventures from the past weekend- Thanksgiving, and pre-Christmas fun! (Hence, the music...Charlie Brown.) Thank you Uncle Tyler for a very fun visit! Nolan LOVED pointing at you, cuddling with you, and laughing at your crazy faces! See you at Christmas!

5 comments:

Dave and Tara Harris said...

Those are great! Your house is beautiful. I wish I lived in Colorado. I love it out there and I really miss the snow. Yall look so incredibly happy! Thanks for sharing. How fun that Tyler came out to visit. He looks exactly the way I remember him! Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for the birthday wishes on FB.....

Huizenga Highlights!Words Galore etc. said...

Abby! It looks like so much fun with Nolan being that age!! What a great video! How do you do that? I loved watching! Thanks for sharing some of your holiday!! Rudy

Cara S. said...

Cool video...we definitely had a fun weekend! Isn't it crazy how your "perfect" tree starts to grow on you? There's something about choosing it out of the thousands of trees that makes you feel like it's the best one ever :) Enjoy your time off!

Jill Sloothaak said...

oh, i just can't wait to kiss nolan's cheeks in a few weeks!!! love you!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a GREAT week! I enjoyed seeing Sue's fun games:) She is so creative. Love the Christmas tree and all the pictures of Nolan, especially the ones of him sitting in the leaves below. He is so cute. We love you guys and look forward to some Krauth/Jansen time soon. LOVE TO YOU... enjoy your break too:)