Thursday, August 9, 2012

MY classroom

For the first time in my 10 years of teaching I will have my own classroom! No more rotating rooms every time I track in and out! My Kindergarten class will be staying put! (Well, it's not technically my own room since I will be sharing it with Laura, the a.m. Kindergarten teacher, but practically) And I could not be more excited! Since we aren't changing classrooms and having to pack up every 6 or 9 weeks, we really took the time to make our room cute, fun, bright, and decorative! Here are some pictures of my new classroom! 
 the Word Wall

 the Big Cheese or student of the week bulletin board

 the Writing/ABC/Word Work Center

 the Math Center

 6 Tables of 4 students

 each table has a number and a color

our calendar wall

 I love having a colorful rug for the kids to sit on! They sit in a rectangle that matches the color table they sit at. And I L-O-V-E my Smartboard too! I have been using it every day! It is amazing technology and so engaging for little learners! 

 My desk is in the back there...although with just being at school for 4 quick hours, I don't think I sit down all day! 

 the reading area and refocus mat (Yes, you NEED one of those in Kindergarten! Ha!)

My mom sewed these adorable curtains for me this summer! They really make it very homey (is that a word?) and comfortable! 

Since I've taken these pictures we've also added student work to some bulletin boards and put up a few more finishing touches. 

Kindergarten is A LOT of work! I have been planning, creating things on the computer, printing, cutting, laminating, and more for a couple of hours every night. BUT, it is also A LOT of fun! I have a sweet group of Kindies who are respectful and excited to learn! And I'll be learning right along with them this year, that's for sure! 

2 comments:

Jill Sloothaak said...

CUTE! Everything came together so nicely! I LOVE a BRIGHT, fun classroom!!!! Love the curtains too!

pamnrandy said...

I would love to see you use the smartboard!